Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

hotsauce

Good race, was pulling for Stybar but it was not to be.
Stybar showed all of his cards when he tried to jump GVA and Langeveld with 2-3k to go. GVA knew he was the best in the sprint and those "attacks" confirmed it. Would have been nice to see Stybar win though.

I won't get excited for the Ardennes unless Alex Howes or Mike Woods does well. Expect to see Alaphilippe come on strong.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Stybar showed all of his cards when he tried to jump GVA and Langeveld with 2-3k to go. GVA knew he was the best in the sprint and those "attacks" confirmed it. Would have been nice to see Stybar win though.

I won't get excited for the Ardennes unless Alex Howes or Mike Woods does well. Expect to see Alaphilippe come on strong.
Yeah, but will Alaphilippe be riding for Dan Martin or is this just more of the Quickstep multiple-headed beast? Martin seemed on form in races earlier this year.
Unfortunately dopey (valverde) is on form so he will certainly be a factor. oh, and Kwaito for Leige?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
No streaming in the office so it'll have to wait till I get home.... I already know who won...but it's not the results, it's how it unravels that I like.....

I fell asleep during the replay of PR.... PR needs moisture or it's just a drag race with mechanicals thrown in.

Hopefully BP is/was better.....

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Wait, I thought @hotsauce said that the Ardennes were boring?

I don't know what it is about GVA, but it seems like he has the personality of a piece of white toast.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I didn't watch live, guess I missed out!

The American highlight of the race was Coryn Riveria coming in 6th and holding onto the WWT leaders jersey. Not a bad season for a first year in Europe.
Oh, I never watch livem who has time for that bizness!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Does that mean you can only watch select highlights i.e. shorter highlight videos of the finish, or can you view the full race?
It is different for each race, usually I watch a recap a certain point an then switch to the last 20km and pan through if not much is happening. For bigger races, I will watch Twitter throughout the race and tune in live or wait for the last 10km. Downside of this is you have to stay off all social media until you can watch the recap.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
WTF!?!? I thought he was ok afterwards.... I've heard of a lacerated organ but a torn one? Could be the same thing.... just torn somehow sounds more violent. Ya kind of think of a cut being more precise...localized as it were. Too bad, he was fun to watch this spring.

"Belgian champion Philippe Gilbert will skip La Flèche Wallonne and Liège-Bastogne-Liège due to a crash and a kidney tear suffered yesterday on his way to winning the Amstel Gold Race on Sunday."

choop

Bad news for Gilbert. He definitely looked like he was peaking and reading the race well. Looks like a lot more coin will be wagered for Kwiato now.

hotsauce

"Belgian champion Philippe Gilbert will skip La Flèche Wallonne and Liège-Bastogne-Liège due to a crash and a kidney tear suffered yesterday on his way to winning the Amstel Gold Race on Sunday."
Didn't stop him from absolutely draining that mini-beer on the podium though. Notice the level of beer for Gilbert (gone) to the other chumps (3/4 full).
SPTDW30131.jpg

jackx

It is different for each race, usually I watch a recap a certain point an then switch to the last 20km and pan through if not much is happening. For bigger races, I will watch Twitter throughout the race and tune in live or wait for the last 10km. Downside of this is you have to stay off all social media until you can watch the recap.
OK. thanks @stb222 for the explanation. I see the partial recaps on Steephill.tv, but was wondering if another site had full replays (in English).

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
OK. thanks @stb222 for the explanation. I see the partial recaps on Steephill.tv, but was wondering if another site had full replays (in English).
Keep in mind that most of the races aren't covered for the whole race, the monuments typically are. Eurosport was bought or bought someone big over in Europe and has extended their coverage and it is one of the reasons you see longer replays from them.

Fleche Wallone was decent, carbon copy of the last 1300 though.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
NBCSC finally got around to putting on FW.

AVV . Yay. o_O

Meh.

They also put LBL on today too.

Moment of silence....

Mekseb Debesay Goes the wrong way at a (if I'm honest) poorly marked intersection.

18k to go and the most exciting part so far is the race directors car drag racing with the neural support vehicle needlessly playing chicken with the two leaders from Cofidis.... f'ing disgrace. No one needs you people there... Pompous douchebag.

Finally! Someone actually attempts a move 5k to go.....never-mind.

Oh Joy, Bobke's in mid season exaggerated name mispronunciation.

Formolo... caught.

AVV .... again.

NBC SC. Taking the Costco approach to Pro Cycling coverage.

I can't believe I miss the days if OLN.:eek:

Top Bottom