Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

choop

I just assume that Sagan gets big money, and there isn't the cash to truly support him. So he uses team mates up faster. I also think he has a pretty good read of the race and knows that there will be a group that gets off the front and fully expects to be in it. So he doesn't care or need team mates to chase it down. I think the quality of his team will be shown once they get into the heart of the summer's stage races after the classics.

Regarding Slipstream. I just assume their only goal is to throw guys in the break for 120k and pray for the best.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I don't buy this. From Liquigas to Tinkoff to Bora, he's always alone. He had strong workers at Tinkoff and brought his core group of guys to Bora with him. If they're using up 7 guys before the TV comes on, every DS he's had should be shit canned. Quick Step has more pressure than any team in the classics and them, BMC, Cannondale, even FDJ will chase back early breaks.

Sagan rides like he wants to ride alone, which he is the best in the world at. His competitors have the ability to make it to the decisive point without doing much work while Sagan does tons of work up to that point. It was the difference between first and second at San Remo, undoubtedly.
I am not sure how we can verify this when 100km of the race is gone before coverage.

In any case, he has become much better at hiding over the past few years and didn't do much work at MSR until his attack. His loss was that the other two in the break had other options behind, so they didn't need to help keep the break away. Similar to what happen in Wevelgem last week.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I know not
Would it kill them to put some guys in the break every now and again? Just say'n.
hing of Sagan's team. Do they have the firepower to do that and stay away if the break survives?

The other teams already tow Sagan to the line and even if he isnt on the top step, he is still on the podium.

Roadie

I think he has a bunch of ex-Tinkoff guys with him. They weren't much help in the classics then so they probably aren't much help now. He is basically on his own.
I know not

hing of Sagan's team. Do they have the firepower to do that and stay away if the break survives?

The other teams already tow Sagan to the line and even if he isnt on the top step, he is still on the podium.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I know not

Can't tell...seems like they never even try.:(

I want to see the good old tag team attacks to soften thing up before the "shake-n-bake"....you know, that old bag. :)

trener1

Sagen has the biggest contract in Cycling and that comes at a cost, namely teammates.

As far as Slipstream, don't get me started on JV, I'm sure that when TJ's contract is up and BMC doesn't renew it he will end up there as well.
There are some pro conti teams that have better results then they do.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Steephill has not been kind to me today....:mad: thank G-d for YouTube Live Stream!:)

I got completely cunfuzzeled when they bounced to the woman's race for a cobble section. o_O

The women have about 17km to go and the men about 100km at 8:45am.

Interesting, they switched to a Germanic based language coverage audio feed for a bit. Kind of cool in a way.

Thankfully the riders names and iconic sections are universal.:D

Intentionally not giving details.... cuz we're starting to get to it.:rolleyes:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ha! At 66.5km to go the announcer called out BORA. Basically say'n they're M.I.A.

I'm getting worked up again..... lost sound but @ 63km the Peloton just surged! Maybe someone finally realized the quality in the break.

#NoFriggenSupport. #SaganSolo

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
SVM is Down! Looks like his front wheel slipped into and got stuck in the center gap in the road..... he took out LR in the process.

PG has all his cards on the table now....
And Sagan just did this wild slingshot "Shake-n-Bske" with the cameraman!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
WTF? After sitting on Sagans wheel for the last 5+ km the Gorilla puts in an attack @41km to go. He's riding great today, so why attack now? He's not catching PG alone..soooo.. unless I'm totally off, his best chance was getting into a group sprint, since the last 8km is relatively flat.

F#ck! TB blew up his machine. Got a spare... what?!?!? That bikes f'd up too. After working like a dog all day, it's just horrible luck for him.

Sagan's fed up. @ 33km to go He, GVA and a couple of thrill seekers are going to try and make a race of it.....

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
OMG!!!!! They just cut to the BORA team car and it looks like they're ordering from Wendy's! Fellas, there's a race going on.:mad:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Sabotage!!!!! Sagan and GVA are down!!!!! Loose advertising banner hooks his handlebars and a spectators jacket get tangled in his rear. Heartbreak!

They cut to BORA... the two in the front seat make the face when you get regular coke when you ordered diet.:mad:

All eyes are on PG....can he hold. He's screaming for the gap.... no one is telling him. Why?

8k and the gap is 50" to G1 and 1:10" to G3.

Nail biter!!!!!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
NT is just sitting in... he's going to be very fresh for the finish. 2k to go.... oh the stress.

looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking.o_O

Top Bottom