Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Ian F

It might be an odd classics season as some of the top riders focus their training to peak for the Olympics...

Tadej pulled off a Babe Ruth move at Stade Bianche, but at the same time, not all of the big names were there (Sepp Kuss and.... ??). And UAE put on a masterclass example of teamwork setting him up for that attack. Still... to solo 80+ km to the finish is something else.

krink

Eddie Munster
It might be an odd classics season as some of the top riders focus their training to peak for the Olympics...

Tadej pulled off a Babe Ruth move at Stade Bianche, but at the same time, not all of the big names were there (Sepp Kuss and.... ??). And UAE put on a masterclass example of teamwork setting him up for that attack. Still... to solo 80+ km to the finish is something else.
I agree, even wonder what impact the Olympics are going to have on TdF prep. I know it starts a week early, but the road race, TT and XC are a few weeks after and then WC right after that. And UAE is stacked this season, they have real depth and Del Toro looks like a future contender.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

100% crazy effort. Hopefully Sepp doesn't crumble under the expectations after winning a grand tour. He isn't even in the same stratosphere as tadej.

ebarker9

Tom Pidcock was there and he won last year, but definitely understand your point.

100% crazy effort. Hopefully Sepp doesn't crumble under the expectations after winning a grand tour. He isn't even in the same stratosphere as tadej.

I think he's a lot closer in a grand tour with long days in the mountains. Like, there's still a difference there but Tadej is just such a complete rider.

krink

Eddie Munster
Tom Pidcock was there and he won last year, but definitely understand your point.

I think he's a lot closer in a grand tour with long days in the mountains. Like, there's still a difference there but Tadej is just such a complete rider.
In an interview after the race Pidcock said he felt like he was in the grupetto when Tadej made his move.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
In an interview after the race Pidcock said he felt like he was in the grupetto when Tadej made his move.
Pidcock cant live up to expectation set by the public. He obviously has big wins, but typically when the big boys arent there.

Top Bottom