Gears, group sets ???

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Sorry DT....was at the kingdom and not on the board much....

I have been using the same sram XX 10 speed, no clutch DR since 2010....same type, I have killed 2 in 8 years. Unless my chain/cogs are worn, I have no issues with chain drop. In fact I used to have issues when it was 2x10, but after I switch to 1x10 in 2013, very very rare unless the drivetrain has a ton of wear. But I also do things to help it not fall off...Like say bombing the long downhill at mooch....I dont leave the bike in a high gear and give the chain any opportunity to bounce around.

Im sure i would like an xx1 set up...But dam thats a TON of money to spend, add more weight when I hardly ever even use my 36T on my scalpel in a race.
PS your only saving about 55 grams on the XX cassette VS XX1.
XX= 210g (36T)
XX1 = 265g

Seems like a minimal price to pay for the added range gained.

Just my opinion..
well I decided to go xt. We will see. I’ll probably get mad, make fs/ss again, break it again and start over again.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The cassette is the $ part.

You only need an Gx1 derailleur for under $100. (I've killed 2 xx1s and 1 XO1 and I learned my lesson)

I also got an XX1 shifter like new from eBay for $55.

It's really not that much....

Well then you need the derail. 180grms for the xx, 265 for the xx1 or ~300 for a gx1..weight is not that big of a deal, i just havent had any reason to change it on my bike. Works perfectly. So its like add a 1/2lb to the bike and more money for (to me) no reason.

My big travel bike, different story, love the 11 speed on it.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Once that new XTR is out and Stan's has a compatible driver, I may have an XX1 setup for sale. :)

Top Bottom