GCC trails are a mess - Who maintains it?

mango

There are many downed trees on the trails at GCC, it's maybe 60% ridable. I am curious who maintains the trails at GCC, I'd be happy to volunteer time and effort to get it back to it's former glory.

Maybe talk to someone on the D&Q team. It looks like they will be hosting the Summer Sizzler at GCC again this year.

There are many downed trees on the trails at GCC, it's maybe 60% ridable. I am curious who maintains the trails at GCC, I'd be happy to volunteer time and effort to get it back to it's former glory.

haven't been there since 1st snow 'cause I heard it was in bad shape. as far as I know the trails don't have a "caretaker" just riders with time and tools to make the place nice. D&Q Sizzler is months away and they aren't going to head out with chainsaws anytime soon. Ceres has a good bunch of regular riders that maintain it really well and CCC has some of the same.

GCC is in need of some love. Rode it Thanksgiving day (had fun) then not again until about 3 weeks ago. Like a mini-cyclone ripped through it this winter.

The guys at D&Q host a race there, so they'll definitely have some work days coming up. I've seen them out there before. Also, I think that a crew from Action Wheels do some maintenance as well. Other than that, there are a few rogue riders that go out there by themselves from time to time, but I think that group has diminished over the years.

where exactly are the trails? never been. know where gcc is though. for that matter, can someone shed light on the ccc trails for me as well? thnx.

where exactly are the trails? never been. know where gcc is though. for that matter, can someone shed light on the ccc trails for me as well? thnx.

Turn into the park that's right past CCC on Peter Cheeseman Rd and park on the right side and you can find the trails from there. Can't really get lost in there.

I've never been to GCC

Tom,
Plan to ride GCC Friday @ 6PM.
If you want to get a tour, I drive a Honda Element and park in E lot in the back of the campus.

John

Tom,
Plan to ride GCC Friday @ 6PM.
If you want to get a tour, I drive a Honda Element and park in E lot in the back of the campus.

John

thanks for the offer, maybe next time. im not gonna be out of the office by then but im headed to ac for the weekend anyway as soon as i get off work.

Hey, I rode GCC for the 1st time yesterday and the trail was clear. No issues. I had heard it was "rooted" badly and "very sandy" and while it was rooted in spots and sandy in others I did not think it was bad. A really fun (and on my way home from work) loop. Plenty of obstacles and man-made bridges. Had a little of everything. Fun.

Hey, I rode GCC for the 1st time yesterday and the trail was clear. No issues. I had heard it was "rooted" badly and "very sandy" and while it was rooted in spots and sandy in others I did not think it was bad. A really fun (and on my way home from work) loop. Plenty of obstacles and man-made bridges. Had a little of everything. Fun.

did 2 loops today, there's only a few sandy spots and a few TTFs. The roots are just annoying more than anything, kinda keeps you from getting in rhythm. fun place to ride fro sure.

did 2 loops today, there's only a few sandy spots and a few TTFs. The roots are just annoying more than anything, kinda keeps you from getting in rhythm. fun place to ride fro sure.

I went back again today Mike. Tried to hit every obstacle I could. I rode from 5:30 to 6:30 PM. When were you there?

On the root situation, it's probably in need of 4 or 5 re-routes to go around the worst spots. Your description of keeping you from getting in a rhythm is perfect. They do make you concentrate for fear of being "thrown" :eek:

Forgive my ignorance but TTFs?

I went back again today Mike. Tried to hit every obstacle I could. I rode from 5:30 to 6:30 PM. When were you there?

On the root situation, it's probably in need of 4 or 5 re-routes to go around the worst spots. Your description of keeping you from getting in a rhythm is perfect. They do make you concentrate for fear of being "thrown" :eek:

Forgive my ignorance but TTFs?

I was off work (I only work three 12hr days) so I did 1030 to noon. The TTFs at GCC aren't really too hard. I've been trying to ride there more to get ready for the race next month. The roots, like I said, are more of an annoyance and on the second lap they kinda sap the strength out of you. Ceres has alot more tech stuff, even though alot of stuff was torn down but there's a few stashes with some real gnarly stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom