GCC conditions

JDurk

Anyone have trail conditions information. Walked a portion a few weeks ago from the swoopy trail backwards and looked ok for the most part.

JDurk

Here's an update. Rode this morning. Lots of leaves have fallen and it might be difficult to follow the trail if you don't know your way around. Roots are really hidden well too. 2 trees in the way. One has totally re-routed the trail and the other is too low to ride under, but dismounting and crouching under is possible.

McKMtnBk

Good shape!

Got in a quick lap last night just before dark. The place is good right now! Only a couple of wet spots not sloppy but a little damp. 2 BIG trees down force you to carry around/over. The local leaf zamboni raked the entire trail.

sj_john

GCC clear of downed trees

I took a little walk with my Dakine trail pack stuffed with implements of destruction yesterday and today. I cleared all of the trees that were down near the pipeline yesterday and cleared the 3 trees off of the top of black gravel hill today. Hopefully, it stays clear for a while but the wind yesterday was causing a lot noise and movement with the trees in the pipeline area. I expect more to drop there.

JDurk

Rode GCC on Thursday night and noticed a large tree that had been uprooted, but has not fallen in the switchbacks back by Rt. 55 after the T.T. It's leaning at a 45 deg angle onto another uprooted tree that never completed fell.

JD

map204

There's a couple of downed trees at GCC. I hadn't ridden there in a while, so I'm not exactly sure when they fell.

theranch

Anybody have an idea on the current conditions at GCC? Is there hunting in any part of those woods? I would think there isn't but wanted to check.

MikeP

Haven't ride there in awhile. PM sj_john he might have an update on current conditions at GCC. Never heard of any hunters there. Both CCC and Ceres are in really good shape after the storm, all trees and debris cleared. Ceres is raked, CCC is not. There's TM at Ceres Sunday w a post ride after if you don't know your way around its a great way to get to know the place.

Last edited:

theranch

Haven't ride there in awhile. PM sj_john he might have an update on current conditions at GCC. Never heard of any hunters there. Both CCC and Ceres are in really good shape after the storm, all trees and debris cleared. Ceres is raked, CCC is not. There's TM at Ceres Sunday w a post ride after if you don't know your way around its a great way to get to know the place.

I know Ceres and have seen the posts on FB about trails being clear. I wanted to ride today but due to hunting I'm limited in my choices...without driving over an hour.

MikeP

Rogue hunters are everywhere this time of year. On the trail within the park at Ceres there shouldn't be hunting. Some trails cross over property lines and those areas may be hunted. Only one run in with crossbow hunter that I know of, scary sh!t from the accounts of those that were there.

sj_john

Gcc

Plan to take a hike at GCC on Sunday. Not sure of time because in work for time change tonight. I will post afterwards.
I have never seen any hunters at GCC.

sj_john

Unrideable

Got the word late yesterday that the trails are unrideable because of the number of downed trees. Still plan to take a walk with my chainsaw later today.

sj_john

Trails are clear of downed trees

Some of the Paulsboro crew of Wharton fame spent some time at GCC today.
All of the trail is cleared of downed trees. The trail is in good shape but there is still plenty of leaf cover and tree trash.

theranch

Rogue hunters are everywhere this time of year. On the trail within the park at Ceres there shouldn't be hunting. Some trails cross over property lines and those areas may be hunted. Only one run in with crossbow hunter that I know of, scary sh!t from the accounts of those that were there.

I'm aware that there might be rogue hunters throughout SJ but I wanted to know if hunting is not permitted at GCC. Stockton state college by me does not allow hunting at all and they have signs posted.

JDurk

Been riding GCC for a few years and don't recall ever seeing any signs about hunting, but I doubt it's permitted.

I've never seen anyone poaching at GCC, but was part of a night group ride that had a run-in with a guy at Ceres. He was out after dark and armed with a cross bow.

theranch

Been riding GCC for a few years and don't recall ever seeing any signs about hunting, but I doubt it's permitted.

I've never seen anyone poaching at GCC, but was part of a night group ride that had a run-in with a guy at Ceres. He was out after dark and armed with a cross bow.

Yeah...I saw that story about the crossbow guy on Facebook. Pretty sketchy.

frickster

So is GCC cleared now? Was there a couple weeks ago and lots of big trees down and had to get off and climb over them at least 7 different times.

I wouldn't go back unless I knew it was completely cleared.

glide

All downed trees have been cleared and 95% of the trail has been blown clean last night and early this morning. GCC is prime right now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions