Gcc/ccc

MikeP

Gloucester county community college is in Sewell and Camden county community college is in blackwood. GCC is rooty, challenging loop that's a bit over 7 miles long. The only race in SJ, the Summer Sizzler is at GCC. CCC is flatter but fast and fun and gives you over 6 miles with no repeats and can be rode right after rain since it drains like no other place I've ever seen. They're about 15 minutes apart so you can do a double shot and bonus Ceres is about 10 minutes away from GCC. So 3 spots, 22+ miles all relatively close to each other. And you can throw Kresson in on your way back north too. Tour of SJ.

Last edited:

MikeP

Hey mikep where are the trail heads for these parks exactly? Im gonna go check em out tomorrow!

park in Gloucester Twp Park right next to Camden County College off Peter Cheeseman road. Park in lot#7 which is closest to the woods and the trailhead is right there. I'm off tomorrow from work, what time were you planning on riding?

Anyone riding tomorrow at CCC, 6/17/12? Was thinking about riding in the morning and I've never been there. Planned on parking in GloTwp Park and exploring from there.

finmgr

Can you tell me where the trail head is at CCC? I've driven by there, but never noticed where to enter. Thank you.

MikeP

Can you tell me where the trail head is at CCC? I've driven by there, but never noticed where to enter. Thank you.

park in Gloucester Twp Park right next to Camden County College off Peter Cheeseman road. Park in lot#7 which is closest to the woods and the trailhead is right there. Drop in, cross the sandy doubletrack and make a sharp left up a slight climb, ride parallel to the doubletrack pass over a few firebreaks then head down and to the left. Eventually you'll come to a big interesection with the college and soccer fields in view. There's about 5 miles of dedicated trails from that point on. And I can usually get a loop of about 6-7 miles total with riding some of the older trails between the college and the park. depending on when you're riding I might be around tomorrow.

Last edited:

Robin

rode GCC yesterday during the Summer Sizzler. for a small park, it packed a good punch...reminded me a bit of Allaire mixed with Hartshorne and 6-mile. Sand...roots...some small bridges. Good times but could have done without the heat.

finmgr

Mike, my son and I got to CCC on Sunday. Your directions were right on. I really enjoyed the trails. I'll definitely go back there. Thank you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions