Garage Bike Storage Solutions- Ok to hang?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Having the lever/master-cylinder upside down is the issue.

Most brakes have the port that passes fluid into the line at the bottom of the reservoir.

If you have the lever upside down then air is closest to the port instead of farthest.

The isn't too much of an issue but if your pads have worn and the fluid level in the reservoir drops you WILL suck air into the line if the lever is pulled.

People love to pull brake levers. W/O fail if someone walks into a room with a bike they can not resist pulling the brake levers.

Brake levers are to mt bikers as Catnip is to cats. (almost)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
People love to pull brake levers. W/O fail if someone walks into a room with a bike they can not resist pulling the brake levers.

Brake levers are to mt bikers as Catnip is to cats. (almost)

You said it, and Spoken from someone who spends a lot of time in a bike shop.

dualfisted

Switch all the bikes back over to V-brakes and hang them on the wall...... Ahhhh, to heck with it, convert back to cantilever,,,, that's a total cool retro move. "Old Skool"!!!!

Sircrashalot

Just lean the bikes in front of the Vette. That's what my Thunderbird is for. :D

No room...tool chest & workbench in front of Vette. Wanna hang them on the other front wall. Besides, I love the bikes and all, but if a bike falls on the car I am gonna be a not happy camper! Your T-Bird is also a Jack Daniels storage bin, but even that caused a big chip in the paint near the trunk!

Brake levers ae MTB crack to anyone who will be in the garage....maybe I hang them high enuf so they are out of reach- only one bike is hydraulic.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Vette's

What year Vette's do you guys have? I have a '70 Vert that hasn't been out as much since I got into biking.

Tim

mtn_goat

Just take an old set of v-brakes/cantilevers and put them on an old handlebar and old fork, mount that to the wall somewhere near your most traveled area in the garage, so any temptation will be taken on that instead!!!

Top Bottom