This is NOT the greatest blog in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

thegock

Mid-ish month update. While in FL last week, spent some time at the local bike shop trying to determine what road bike to get. So these are the options:

Domane SLR 7 eTap

View attachment 111196

Or Madone SLR 7 eTap

View attachment 111195

Madone is more aero, which would be good for FL, but Domane would be really comfortable, esp with those big 32mm tires. Gotta decide soon, want to pick it up when we return after xmas

I would go Domane. You can still kick Boca Vista 3 butts if u HTFU.

IMG_20191116_180102_1-01.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rTalk

The domane is Trek's "cobbled classics bike" and was intended to dampening the effect of rough roads. It doesn't appear that you do much rough road riding down there so seems like it wouldn't make sense.

They are now billing the madone as an aero bike, I guess similar to the newer EVO is more aero. This is their all around "climbing" bike however it doesn't appear they they have a "flatland" aero bike similar to the system 6 or a specialized venge, so i guess this is Trek's let's hit all the marketing lingo in one bike, bike.

Certainly peep the system 6.

qclabrat

I was considering the Domane as there are some loops to be had that are a combo of road and gravel but you're right, wouldn't ride it enough to justify. Still considering the system six - need to do more comparisons between that and the Madone.
Why aren't you looking at the Emonda, the Project One series is pretty nice and sorta fits between the two

serviceguy

Forgot to add, the garage is a disaster and has to get cleaned out before we leave. Anyone interested in a Kobalt stainless work bench? Free - just gotta haul it out of here

View attachment 113118

PS bike not included

Does that vice come with it? looks like a cool piece. That workbench would fit nicely in my already full to the brim garage...what is the deadline? Did @gmb3 pick up the tractor? I would have to hook up the trailer to haul this, I may as well help him out collect the tractor...

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does that vice come with it? looks like a cool piece. That workbench would fit nicely in my already full to the brim garage...what is the deadline? Did @gmb3 pick up the tractor? I would have to hook up the trailer to haul this, I may as well help him out collect the tractor...
I call 2nd if @serviceguy doesn't snag it and I can figure out a mode of transport.

Top Bottom