This is NOT the greatest blog in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

Xler8

Well @jdog says basically all dropper posts are crap, so he's going to replace it again, perhaps under warranty. I guess what I really need is some kind of emergency bracket that I could clamp on the post if it fails again to keep it extended. Anyone hear of such a thing? Of have I just come up with the next $1million idea? Shark tank here I come

What dropper are you using?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
make sure you get the right size to fit around your post, they are sold by diameter, i may even have the size you need if you want me to check, otherwise any autoparts store will have them

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Brilliant start to July mountain biking - got up spectacularly early (for me) - a few minutes before 7am - and rode to the sourlands. Less than 1/2 mile in, the dropper post pops and drops all the way down. Seriously? No pressure at all. Turned around and rode home in clown-bike mode:

35616903_1587391024704187_6387827313706270720_n.jpg

So this is strike two for the reverb dropper post - I'm done with it. Recos on the best dropper post these days?
How often did you service?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
me service? ru serious? Never, tho It was replaced once already under warranty maybe a year ago. Jay said he never saw anything like it, seemed to have fractured internally. I guess it can't take my crushing 155 lbs?
Idk, got mine in January and had the 100 hour service in early june (there is a 50 hour service I skipped). Have no idea if that would have made a difference for your situation.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ramapo is definitely a park in which you need a guide who actually knows the trials. glad you enjoyed the ride.

which parks do you have left?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would argue that you still have Ramapo left too. And there's also some other stuff in north Jersey that you still need to ride.

qclabrat

nice write up Rick, I'm also cautious with elevation. I've been slowly working higher each year, at 10K didn't feel much except a little fatigue. However, somewhere between 1200-1300K is where it hits me. Everest base camp on the Chinese side, which is my goal, is a bit more than 17K. I've only gotten to about 14K so have work to do.

The Kalmyk

PS since BIYF has become so bastardized with inclusion of fake indoor rides, I will withdraw my gentlemanly bowing out due to unfair advantage of being retired + in warm climate, and instead will be throwing my hat back into the ring. Prepare for an ass-whipping!

Sounds good Rick. I'm planning on joining you on the antifragile category.

Top Bottom