FunMondays @ Chimney Rock

Robin

I'm riding the couch right now rather than trails. Long weekend away from home and have a ton of stuff to do - including sleep. Have fun!

Nick0320

What's the pace like on this ride? I'm new around here but apparently this is "30 minutes" from where I work. Whether that's with or without traffic at that time of day is the question, but I should be able to make it. I see that it's "fun" meaning not spartan levels of cadence and pace, but slow isn't fun either.

I nearly cut my toe off surfing a little over 4 weeks ago and it's pretty much done healing now, meaning I've done nothing fun for four weeks and am a bit out of shape. Don't want to slow people down too much. Started riding again and I've been using granny gear on the climbs. I suppose I'll just try and join next monday and find out for myself.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What's the pace like on this ride? I'm new around here but apparently this is "30 minutes" from where I work. Whether that's with or without traffic at that time of day is the question, but I should be able to make it. I see that it's "fun" meaning not spartan levels of cadence and pace, but slow isn't fun either.

I nearly cut my toe off surfing a little over 4 weeks ago and it's pretty much done healing now, meaning I've done nothing fun for four weeks and am a bit out of shape. Don't want to slow people down too much. Started riding again and I've been using granny gear on the climbs. I suppose I'll just try and join next monday and find out for myself.

Its more fun when i lead ;) the group stays together!
Only bustin' @i ride after 5 - having you lead makes me work harder.

We vary the speed as needed, and regroup at the top of the climbs, and most intersections that aren't obvious (ie not ones that break off into the water for fishing)
if you are worried about it being too slow, i'd say you are a candidate!!

See you Monday!

rlb

Been off the bike a few weeks myself, and I'm hoping to make it next week. Maybe we can keep each other company in the back.

Nick0320

So is the meeting location still the GPS coordinates listed in the first post or is it elsewhere? I've never been to Chimney Rock before. Just lubed my chain so I'm ready. In theory I should leave work at 5 and it's half an hour to those GPS numbers, but we'll see.

Patrick

Staff member
So is the meeting location still the GPS coordinates listed in the first post or is it elsewhere? I've never been to Chimney Rock before. Just lubed my chain so I'm ready. In theory I should leave work at 5 and it's half an hour to those GPS numbers, but we'll see.

if you like the goog - https://goo.gl/maps/dUwdHJGivm12

awesomeness - see you there.
if you run late, we'll come back through around 5:45. but i don't advocate running late!
(i have a dark blue envoy)

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was hoping to join the fun tonight, but am forced to stay up north due to family commitments. Have fun!!! Maybe next week.

Nick0320

My bikes in my car, aka i'll be the guy putting the wheel on in the lot at 5:25. Departure on time from work looks probable. I have purple grips and a blue stem like the picture to the left. Somebody say hi so i dont wander around like a noob.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My bikes in my car, aka i'll be the guy putting the wheel on in the lot. departure on time from work looks probable. I have purple grips and a blie stem like the picture to the right, so somebody say hi.

Not sure about the purple grips. But if you surround yourself with construction cones I am sure that we'll figure out who you are.

Nick0320

Apparently i got here like 5min too late. Gonna wait a bit more in the lot then just ride.

Edit: thanks for tolerating my slowness. My toe is all swollen now but that was fun. Have to see how it is next time.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
We were badass tonight!
Thanks for leading Glenn!!!

D, Norm, and I got stung by bees on blue, at the log-over up the left (south) side - walked back and didn't see anything obvious.

R2uRyMfatM2sH-aY3FOvrsHMO7y5GIuxsoLctwVxfyk-2048x1536.jpg

D not pictured.

they are already digging and setting the rebar for the bridge

IMG_7023.JPG

Top Bottom