Fundraiser for new trail signs - Stay off that mud!!

GHM73

I was going to call the phone number, but figured I'd ask first.

Is the design set? Could add a QR code.

Changes would have to be approved by the DEP or Park (@jdog can confirm) but yes I can make changes. My only concern on QR code is it could become dated?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Changes would have to be approved by the DEP or Park (@jdog can confirm) but yes I can make changes. My only concern on QR code is it could become dated?

Probably isnt worth the change.
Qr goes to a short url that can be directed wherever we want.

Who answers that phone number?

GHM73

Probably isnt worth the change.
Qr goes to a short url that can be directed wherever we want.

Who answers that phone number?

It's not a bad idea. My only thought was making sure that URL was future-proof, but if it points to a bit.ly or something that can be maintained and updated over time, then it could be a good addition. (I used to do a fair amount of web design so I'm pretty savvy)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's not a bad idea. My only thought was making sure that URL was future-proof, but if it points to a bit.ly or something that can be maintained and updated over time, then it could be a good addition. (I used to do a fair amount of web design so I'm pretty savvy)

?? problem getting approval for all of the information it lands on - ??

GHM73

Like someone else said. If there's extra money, buy extra signs, if you haven't already. These will get vandalized/removed.

We will get a few extra for sure, as well as 4x6 cards for shops, posters for shops, and will be able to donate a good amount to JORBA for ongoing trail maintenance costs.

Karate Monkey

Like someone else said. If there's extra money, buy extra signs, if you haven't already. These will get vandalized/removed.

6208-002-2_300x120.jpg

Or pentalobe fasteners. Both are significant enough pains in the ass to remove that the only way they're coming off is by cutting the post or tree. Most vandals aren't planning ahead to remove something.

GHM73

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

$918 in under 24 hours. Nearly double the original goal. You guys are the best! These funds will go to good use for making our trails better and keeping people educated about not destroying them.

I'll keep the GFM open for another day, just in case anyone else wants to donate, then I'll shut it down and start putting those funds to work! Anyone interested in contributing after that point (in case you happened upon this late) can donate to JORBA.org.

Thanks again,
Glenn

GHM73

Donated to the cause!

Been lurking on here for a while and finally registered. I love to see the community come together to try and make a difference.

Awesome! Look at This Fuggin Guy! (Sorry had to do it)

Welcome to the community (officially), and thanks for your support!

Thank you all for saving six-mile. I donated a few bucks and I vote for... b) Posters of same for local shops

Trails are mostly misused by beginners and in my experience more beginners than experienced riders pay visits to bike shops (kinda). This would probably have prevented me from misusing the trails when I first started riding. I simply was not aware of how much damage it actually causes. Thanks again for everyone involved!

Lets riiide!!

GHM73

UPDATE: Signs are ordered. Also will be ordering 4x6 cards and posters for local shops. Possibly stickers too. We're going to make a push for a big awareness campaign. Hopefully word will spread and people will learn.

All possible thanks to the donations so THANKS AGAIN!!

- Glenn

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions