Fundraiser for new trail signs - Stay off that mud!!

GHM73

Hey guys, I set up a GoFundMe to help raise $ for the new signs that will be going up at trail heads and into the trails. Any kind of donation to the cause would be greatly appreciated. Signs will be 12x18" outdoor-durable 10+year quality silk screened aluminum (just like a parking sign). Final design shown below.

(Mods, if there is a more appropriate place to post this, please lmk)

Thanks!

https://www.gofundme.com/trail-signs-for-sixmile

6MR_mud_sign 2.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Let's get this done.

you know you love six mile. you took your friends for their first mtb ride there. maybe your first ride was there?

100 people $5 each.
50 people, $10 each.
20 people, $25 each.

so somewhere in that range - again, i'd rather see lots of people donate a little bit, rather than a big lump -
we can call it a win when many show their concern with $$$.

and the faster it happens the better. Think about it - the knowledgeable mtb community made this happen
in a day, because they want to educate, and promote responsible riding.

it would be a powerful message, that only the few unaware cyclists are damaging the trails.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Ian F - if that was you - so many thanks.
you get a hug from @Frank.

not sure on matt - there are few here - ty!!!

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Done, and shared with the NJ Junior MTBR Facebook group. Would love to see this get some traction (no pun)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It says “Use of these trails is an acknowledgment in the existence of ‘Central Jersey’. Oh and pork roll....” :banana:
Honest question, not trolling, is sixmilers the official trail condition outlet? What happens if he stops doing it?

GHM73

It says "Somerset, NJ"

I've thought of the crowd-sourcing aspect and I've thought that one day I'd hand it off to someone else, or to select community members. I know I can't do it on my own forever, and I may not live here in another 10-15 years, who knows.

That said, I would not call SixMilers "the official" authority on anything. I'm just a guy who loves the trails and goes there as much as possible. Yes, I post conditions based on actually being there (most of the time) but I also get great reports from here (as we all do). I think one of the best assets to the IG account is that it can reach a lot of people and help educate. That's what it's all about. Oh and cool pics of bikes and trails and stuff :)

GHM73

Oh and a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who donated so far!! We made our goal! Of course, anything above and beyond can go toward a number of things:

a) More signs
b) Posters of same for local shops
c) Postcard-sized promo cards of the sign for local shops (takeaway for customers)
d) JORBA donations
e) general good karma

B and C are pretty good ideas I think.

Dingo

Oh and a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who donated so far!! We made our goal! Of course, anything above and beyond can go toward a number of things:

a) More signs
b) Posters of same for local shops
c) Postcard-sized promo cards of the sign for local shops (takeaway for customers)
d) JORBA donations
e) general good karma

B and C are pretty good ideas I think.
Bumper stickers too?

soulfly26

Hey guys, I set up a GoFundMe to help raise $ for the new signs that will be going up at trail heads and into the trails. Any kind of donation to the cause would be greatly appreciated. Signs will be 12x18" outdoor-durable 10+year quality silk screened aluminum (just like a parking sign). Final design shown below.

(Mods, if there is a more appropriate place to post this, please lmk)

Thanks!

https://www.gofundme.com/trail-signs-for-sixmile

View attachment 89898
I guess I'm really not understanding the concept here. I pay state taxes, six mile is a state owned park correct? So explain why we need a GoFundMe page? Shouldn't the state be providing signage?

qclabrat

I'm in, but can you just post these signs with out state/county/town approval. I'd hate to ruffle the feathers of bureaucracy
Also, did we get every org at the bottom to endorse such as the NJ DEP?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions