fun Fridays ride 2018

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so any news on the front wheel? what size do you ride? i have a 26r hardtail and fatty you could potentially ride for the day if you ride a medium

i guess your well funded too :O
I USED to be well funded. Now I’m just a broke mountain biker with an audi.

Everyone I trust to work on my bike was on vacation last week....so front wheel is still twerkin it. BUT! I just rode Dickerson with it and had a blast regardless...so I’m still down. I just can’t rail into corners too hard or I get the wobble. I figure the rim is already toast...so it can’t get worse...might as well keep riding it till I have a new one laced up!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Everyone I trust to work on my bike was on vacation last week....so front wheel is still twerkin it. BUT! I just rode Dickerson with it and had a blast regardless...so I’m still down. I just can’t rail into corners too hard or I get the wobble. I figure the rim is already toast...so it can’t get worse...might as well keep riding it till I have a new one laced up!

awesome! what time?

@sarcaro
@knobbyhead
@fidodie
@rick81721
@Robin
@chemgirl
@Matt_

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.

Sell the audi, but a wheel?

I'm in for Fri.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
doesn't @UtahJoe and/or @JimN hook up DM with another park via some connector trails?

You can connect Dickerson Mine to Mt Hope Historic Park via some powerlines, a rail trail under 15/80, and a bit of road, and then you can connect that to Wildcat semi-legally in the woods, or just take Mt Hope Rd to Lake Denmark Rd to Snake Hill. I could dig up a Strava link if interested.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You can connect Dickerson Mine to Mt Hope Historic Park via some powerlines, a rail trail under 15/80, and a bit of road, and then you can connect that to Wildcat semi-legally in the woods, or just take Mt Hope Rd to Lake Denmark Rd to Snake Hill. I could dig up a Strava link if interested.

looking to extend a DM trip out to about 2.5 hours. Suggestions welcome.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Do everything three times? :p

You could go over to Hedden Park, but it's not very exciting (maybe this is what you were thinking about?). You could do what I described above and do a loop of Mt Hope Historic Park, but that would probably put you over 2.5 hours, and it also might be mildly navigationally difficult.

rick81721

Lothar

There's nothing else close by - Black river WMA is the closest and it's crap. I did pretty much everything in a little over an hour. Maybe ride there, pack up and hit Lewis Morris on the way home? I was only there once too and not too impressed but maybe I didn't hit the better trails. Really turned off by the drive thru Morristown to get there.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There's nothing else close by - Black river WMA is the closest and it's crap. I did pretty much everything in a little over an hour. Maybe ride there, pack up and hit Lewis Morris on the way home? I was only there once too and not too impressed but maybe I didn't hit the better trails. Really turned off by the drive thru Morristown to get there.

don't drive through morristown - 287, north maple, 202 N, tempe wick to corey ln

if split by car, i'd drive to wildcat or CR.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
waiting on @Soundguy the tour guide, but i was thinking 9-930, before it gets too hot, unless someone else has a better suggestion or different time requirements
9:30 sounds good to me. My usual route takes up about an hour, but we could double back and hit orange (super techy mostly downhill switchback rocks of doom which I usually skip...) and stretch it out to about an hour forty five or so to make it worth your drive.

Top Bottom