fun Fridays ride 2018

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Doubled down today...Hartshorn in the AM and 6 Mile after lunch. 18 miles total.

did you mean to post this here? this looks like an OOS move. Keep in mind that 18 miles at 6mile, hartshorne, allaire, clayton ect is not the same as 18 miles in north jersey with hills and rock gardens, my buddy found out the hard way by convincing himself he could manage the bearscat 50 one year bc he could ride 30+ miles without stopping at allaire, he finished one lap (barely) and bailed on the rest. I think he spent some time laying down before he could do anything else.

now im not saying RV is wawayanda (its not) but it is definitely more challenging than hartshorne or 6 mile, just giving fair warning to anyone who hasnt been before and is trying to decide if they are going to join.

the 15ish mile loop is around 3000 feet of elevation gain.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
did you mean to post this here? this looks like an OOS move. Keep in mind that 18 miles at 6mile, hartshorne, allaire, clayton ect is not the same as 18 miles in north jersey with hills and rock gardens, my buddy found out the hard way by convincing himself he could manage the bearscat 50 one year bc he could ride 30+ miles without stopping at allaire, he finished one lap (barely) and bailed on the rest. I think he spent some time laying down before he could do anything else.

now im not saying RV is wawayanda (its not) but it is definitely more challenging than hartshorne or 6 mile, just giving fair warning to anyone who hasnt been before and is trying to decide if they are going to join.

Can I ride my single speed

Dajerseyrat

If that's the case, count me out. I fell twice yesterday( low speed falls) and on one fall I bruised my meaty part of my palm on a root. Hurts to hold the grip, and don't think I can hang.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If that's the case, count me out. I fell twice yesterday( low speed falls) and on one fall I bruised my meaty part of my palm on a root. Hurts to hold the grip, and don't think I can hang.

sorry to hear you hurt yourself, i wasnt trying to scare you away, just making sure the intel was freely available.

soo at this point its just me @fidodie and @sarcaro for tomorrow? anyone else? @Matt_

@knobbyhead you cant keep avoiding me, i remember that you have my shock pump!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
OK....too lazy to look. What time is the ride and where?

9am, south/scuba lot of Round Valley -

No drop, fun pace - would like to be consistent tho. planning on doing the whole park. some of it twice (in the opposite direction).

Top Bottom