Fun Fridays 2019

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
noone wants to join me, so ill probably wing it, especially with the current (likely wrong) weather forecast.

if only i had good friends . . . .

notcho

I’m off Friday Bill. Could possibly ride from my house (wildcat east) if @JimN wants to give us tour of some new technical trails.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m off Friday Bill. Could possibly ride from my house (wildcat east) if @JimN wants to give us tour of some new technical trails.

I probably can't get out until 3-4pm on Friday. In theory, I'm doing this "race" out in PA on Sunday so I should probably not ride hard trails on Friday, but YOLO. If you want to wait until I can make it then I'll show you your awesome new backyard trails.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@notcho, i can do morning, need to swing by the shop with the other bike and run some errands and be home by 5ish :(

maybe @JimN can give me a route and we can follow that on my garmin? (this also forces him to properly prep for his 'race')

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can do that, but I'd much rather be there to see the look on your faces/hear the cursing.

i cant encourage bad behaviour . . . . . (well i can, but not a little bad alot bad) you should just take off friday and join us then :p!!!!!!!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i cant encourage bad behaviour . . . . . (well i can, but not a little bad alot bad) you should just take off friday and join us then :p!!!!!!!

I've got too much shit to get done. I'm taking off next Friday and the following week, and I have some projects I need to wrap up first.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've got too much shit to get done. I'm taking off next Friday and the following week, and I have some projects I need to wrap up first.

lame excuses. . . . . ill still take that file, maybe if you hide beer somewhere ill send you gopro footage of @notcho riding stuff . . . .

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
got a feeling my hard tail just won’t cut it back there.

You are definitely going to want a new bike for your new backyard trails. Please count how many times Bill says "what the fuck" on this ride. I'll provide the proper link and GPX files tomorrow, including the best way to get their from the trailhead you'll be using.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You are definitely going to want a new bike for your new backyard trails. Please count how many times Bill says "what the fuck" on this ride. I'll provide the proper link and GPX files tomorrow, including the best way to get their from the trailhead you'll be using.

Why am I saying what the fuck alot?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You basically want to do this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2248231833

But you don't want to go do the stuff past Thomas Rd. So don't cross the big sewer pipe (you'll see when you get there). I think @notcho has ridden back there before and will probably know what I'm talking about. Once you get back out to the blue trail near Charlottesburg Rd and the reservoir, you can stay on that and take the easier trail back (boring) or you can follow my route above (awesome). It's an old moto trail that was recently cleaned up, but it still has 2-3 hike a bike spots.

After you go up and over the new ridge trail and loop back around, there is an old woods road you can take back up to the ridge trail. This is basically your bailout option if you don't feel like completing the loop. The rest of the loop from there is more like the trails you ride after the ridge, and less like the ridge.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2319124839

Note that a bunch of the trails have somewhat hidden entrances and exits where they cross the woods roads. Also note that you need to make sure you ride everything in the direction that I rode it. You can call me when you get lost if you need guidance.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You basically want to do this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/2248231833

But you don't want to go do the stuff past Thomas Rd. So don't cross the big sewer pipe (you'll see when you get there). I think @notcho has ridden back there before and will probably know what I'm talking about. Once you get back out to the blue trail near Charlottesburg Rd and the reservoir, you can stay on that and take the easier trail back (boring) or you can follow my route above (awesome). It's an old moto trail that was recently cleaned up, but it still has 2-3 hike a bike spots.

After you go up and over the new ridge trail and loop back around, there is an old woods road you can take back up to the ridge trail. This is basically your bailout option if you don't feel like completing the loop. The rest of the loop from there is more like the trails you ride after the ridge, and less like the ridge.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2319124839

Note that a bunch of the trails have somewhat hidden entrances and exits where they cross the woods roads. Also note that you need to make sure you ride everything in the direction that I rode it. You can call me when you get lost if you need guidance.

i could, if i had your number (which i dont, maybe @notcho does?)

what time do you want to start? and you said your house, which does me exactly 0 good as far as where im going (you can PM me if youd prefer)

Top Bottom