FTB clip from today

Very cool! looks like the snowmobile tracks have packed things down nicely up there. How much traileage did you get today? Thinking of a ride tomorrow but snow down my way is very soft.

miles

I did 10.6 miles. Road sawmill and park ridge but there are other trails. parker going to stokes had snow mobile tracks on it. The road through the camping areas back side of sawmill lake has tracks among other trails.. suppose to get upper 20's again tonight so it should set up and be firm tomorrow morning. Saw a very cute female dog sled musher back there but nobody else. I am going back tomorrow. I had so much fun.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/449328608

hum wonder what happened. sent another this morning. hope to get to HP 8-8:30. need to get out early because of other plans for the day. I park at the winter parking lot off park road. Steve

Hope people can view this. 21.5 miles of winter biking this weekend. so sweet.
IMG_0897.jpg

Steve, great riding with you today! You were right about HPSP. Awesome place for fat riding. After we split up, I did Ayers out and back, then headed north toward Park Ridge. I found it plowed and not that interesting, so doubled back and found a snowy trail that led to the Fuller (?) singletrack. No snowmobile tracks on Fuller, but some deep boot prints in a VERY narrow track. Made for some very technical snow riding. If I got off track either the bike (or my feet) sank in about a foot deep. But I made it through with only a couple of biffs.

I then picked up the "yellow dot" singletrack. SWEET downhill. Similar to Fuller, but smoother. Then I hit Park Ridge (not plowed, thankfully) and headed south. Picked up Parker near the end. Parker was a BLAST, just like you said it would be. A bit over 13 miles of great riding. Totally worth the drive. Plenty of snow left, too, so with the cold forecast this week, it should set up real nice for next weekend. Here's my track...

HighPointFeb2014_zps3bcd28f5.jpg

Good to know about Fullers. We ride it in the summer. Rock garden Strava section. I definitely want to ride there more before the snow is gone. Potential storm Wednesday. The yellow dot might be mashipacong

...A bit over 13 miles of great riding. Totally worth the drive. Plenty of snow left, too, so with the cold forecast this week, it should set up real nice for next weekend.

I definitely want to check this out. How is Saturday 3/1 looking?

Good to know about Fullers. We ride it in the summer. Rock garden Strava section. I definitely want to ride there more before the snow is gone. Potential storm Wednesday. The yellow dot might be mashipacong

Ah, that would explain why Fullers was so lumpy. But the fattie rocked on it!

Rob, I'm game for Sat, but have to be done by 11, so earlier a start the better. let's touch base with everyone Thursday-ish

Back
Top Bottom