Frozen water main - suggestions?

huffster

That's cool. Both the recycling and the teamwork.
My wood shed is built out if the ceilings joists of the water tank.

@seanrunnette - Here's hoping insurance comes through with some relief. I just got the notice in the mail from the water company about renewing the insurance that protects for issues between the street and the house. In the past, I might have said "Ah, screw it", but this thread made the decision a "no-brainer". So, if it helps at all, know that your sharing this story, may have helped a bunch of us think twice.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

@seanrunnette - Here's hoping insurance comes through with some relief. I just got the notice in the mail from the water company about renewing the insurance that protects for issues between the street and the house. In the past, I might have said "Ah, screw it", but this thread made the decision a "no-brainer". So, if it helps at all, know that your sharing this story, may have helped a bunch of us think twice.

So did you sign up for sewer line coverage too? This thread is going to cost me 3 1/2 lattes a month if I do both.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

So did you sign up for sewer line coverage too? This thread is going to cost me 3 1/2 lattes a month if I do both.

Ha...This week I did not throw away that postcard, instead I signed it and mailed it back, happy to let the water company tack on $5.65 a month to my bill in order to not go thru what Sean did. Using his dollar estimate of 12k, I have about 2,123 months before that expense is reached...I will be lucky if I make it another 360 months above ground. This saga has indeed moved this decision into the "No-brainer" category for me.

rlb

I've had the water line and sewer line protection since we moved into this house in August of 2013. Then again I'm a sucker for insurance, but this thread is making me feel good about that money spent

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Ha...This week I did not throw away that postcard, instead I signed it and mailed it back, happy to let the water company tack on $5.65 a month to my bill in order to not go thru what Sean did. Using his dollar estimate of 12k, I have about 2,123 months before that expense is reached...I will be lucky if I make it another 360 months above ground. This saga has indeed moved this decision into the "No-brainer" category for me.

But if you had invested? that $6/month in BTC you'd be rich now. Or not.

Karate Monkey

Wonder if that would pass a radon test.

In NJ?

532453d1270099392-fat-chance-yo-eddy-s-n-249yo7-yo1.jpg

Top Bottom