Frozen water main - suggestions?

I'm really torn here.
I'm hoping you solve this Tall Guy,
but there will be a void in my life when this thread closes.

There is a possibility that’s the pipe underground has been compromised due to the ice ...
There's a possibility my marriage has been compromised as well.
I'm working in the garage now, while things outside have gone batty. My brother is digging for a mid-point access on the pipe, my wife is excavating grounding poles (why, I don't know) and my sister in law is feeding a small plastic tube with hot water in it through an open valve at the wall. The Hotshot is sitting on the stoop.
I am being actively discouraged from participating.

There's a possibility my marriage has been compromised as well.
I'm working in the garage now, while things outside have gone batty. My brother is digging for a mid-point access on the pipe, my wife is excavating grounding poles (why, I don't know) and my sister in law is feeding a small plastic tube with hot water in it through an open valve at the wall. The Hotshot is sitting on the stoop.
I am being actively discouraged from participating.

you should be video documenting!

Tell SIL she won't get electrocuted when it is hooked up, cause electricity doesn't work that way.....be "assuring" - lab coat would help cred.

Reactions: w_b
Sister in law helping my brother chase the pipe, as it were.
IMG_20180111_152243116.jpg
We weren't able to find the pipe at the halfway, despite making a fine Siege of London-style crater in the garden.
The Hotshot hasn't been plugged in.
There's ghost-limb digging going on now, but we're calling it and allowing folks who know what they're doing to take over.
The thought of pursuing this tomorrow, with the mud added to the mix, is too much...

just wow. Now I know why people pay other people $750 to jump start their water line.
the rain may actually help to thaw pipe tomorrow, no more digging necessary:)

This is starting to be very entertaining thank you , now I'm glad you were frugal and passed on the pro fix .

Back
Top Bottom