Frost woods East Brunswick

walter

Fourth Party
Helmetta and Sayreville Pitts were the spot. Do they ride dbikes in there.

when all was good, you could link up the South Amboy waterfront, Eagles field, Sayreville Police station, National Lead, Manzos and a host of others with minimal road crossing. Those days were fantastic.

Frost Woods is cool for a little loop.

Mountain Bike Mike

And where there is open space in Central Jersey they want to fuck it up.
https://savefrost.com/
Used to do endless loops of this place 20ish years ago.

So my father in the 60s used to ride his yamaha yl1 back there... he lived in the hood across old stage road..

That is how long the trails have been there... when Spottswood was dirt roads and the kids went to South river high school

02camaro

Dont think they can build into the woods, just the old insurance building. Traffic as it is now stops dead still up to Bebe avenue at 4 to 5 pm...they must be insane with this crap.
yea i couldnt see how they could add anymore homes in that area without bumping up the roads. its already has ridiculous rush hour traffic.

Dajerseyrat

yea i couldnt see how they could add anymore homes in that area without bumping up the roads. its already has ridiculous rush hour traffic.
When they did the 2 traffic studies they did, they were both conveniently done on days all the schools were closed ..And no one said a thing about this ?

02camaro

When they did the 2 traffic studies they did, they were both conveniently done on days all the schools were closed ..And no one said a thing about this ?
thats hilarious. they REALLY wanted to skew the data in their favors. having a high school, a middle and grammer school within a 1/4 mile of each other AND a shopping mall, another highschool just a mile away and roadways that are only 1 lane in any direction is not a recipe for success.

FitmanNJ

Not a lot of acreage to Frost Woods, but it can be a fun place to ride, especially after a snow. The grades are generally not too steep, so traction is more consistent than at a lot of other trail systems.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Used to do endless loops of this place 20ish years ago.
I rode here a lot from 1992 through the early 2000’s. I work .5 mile away, and it was great for squeezing in an hour or so before it got dark out in the winter.

I’ve been thinking of going in there and seeing how it’s looking these days, so thanks for the update.

Dajerseyrat

I have been slowly clearing out some downed trees and branches from the trail. I even built a few new log overs for the larger downed trees. I left a handsaw hidden on the trails and now cant remember where...lol.. The pump track is still in really good shape.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
newer version of thread here - update above ^^^

I know this thread is exceptionally old, but what's the current situation in frost woods? I live 5 minutes away by bike. Are people actively building in there? Or do people want to actively build?

Andyguy

I just did a ride in Frost woods and I noticed how many trails have been been opened up with a little bit of maintenance and clearing. The park is a great little gem for local Mountain bikers. More people need to check it out.

Top Bottom