Fresh From The Boat

Hey there,

My name is Ben and I would like introduce myself. I am thirty something years old and came to NJ (again) end of last year. Back home I liked shredding-oriented multiple hours alpine tours, exploring new trails and good food. For this year I have multiple trips on the agenda, incl. Finale Ligure in May and Moab sometime in late summer. I like technical riding, but I am not an endurance monster or DH kamikaze. I would LOVE to plan a multiple day trip in BC or CO at some point.

If there is someone here periodically travelling with the bike, I would specifically seek contact to socialize and possibly start some social riding and/or exploring local and/or international spots... or BBQing.

This is me in South Tyrol around this time last year.
IMG_1977.JPG

I ride raw XL Nicolai 29er (I am quite tall) and don't bite. If you see me on the trail, please feel free to chat. I will be busy and travelling for the rest of March, but April I will put rubber down again for the season.

Cheers
Ben

Welcome (back) Ben!

Catch you out there....

Reactions: rlb
Welcome. Nice plans you have there! I must say I'm a little jealous. Please post plenty of pics!

Hey Ben, I'm in Hoboken too. Not a lot of local MTB trails but I'm often riding up the Palisades on a road bike or in LSP on my cross bike if you're looking for a change of pace.

Thanks for the welcoming words. As mentioned I will be quite busy and travelling for the rest of the month. I will be up and running in April.

Where do you folks organize group rides, here, text, email, facebook groups...?

To answer some other questions above:
Here's my vehicle. No boat, but plenty o' water.
finale_web_042.jpg
This is actually Finale two weeks before I packed up the suitcases.

And additional Finale pics from the last two years if someone is interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q7uau5tho25m8yg/AAAi9yT6IKqE-qqzIAYcEt7Ia?dl=0

Thanks for the welcoming words. As mentioned I will be quite busy and travelling for the rest of the month. I will be up and running in April.

Where do you folks organize group rides, here, text, email, facebook groups...?

To answer some other questions above:
Here's my vehicle. No boat, but plenty o' water.
View attachment 48966 This is actually Finale two weeks before I packed up the suitcases.

And additional Finale pics from the last two years if someone is interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q7uau5tho25m8yg/AAAi9yT6IKqE-qqzIAYcEt7Ia?dl=0
best to pick a park and tell folks on a new thread when you are available. Based on your riding interest, go north young man. Chimney Rock in Bridgewater is probably the park closest to you with some intermediate tech

there are a couple mtb groups in nj on meetup.com - they post regularly.

Fun Monday at chimney rock will start soon. social pace, with occasional pain, and regrouping.
watch here for announcement.

This is the ridiculous part there. The last years when we went out for dinner there, we never paid more than 30EUR per person. All in and risked to be impounded the next day.
A 4 person apt is somewhere around 280 per WEEK. This is sort of what I paid in Moab last time. For a night.
And all you can eat lunch pasta when you book a tour 10-15EUR... Flying and getting there from Milan sucks though.

Back
Top Bottom