Free - Folding Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

These things have been around for a number of years I used one of them for my AFX slot cars when I was younger (who remembers slot cars?!)
Before I drag these to the local church/donation place or junkyard I thought I would post them here if youre interested.

Table 1 is all Aluminum and measures 6ft x 3ft when fully opened.

Table 2 is Aluminum frame and some kind of paneling type material for the top. Measures 5ft by 2.5 ft when fully opened. Even has a fancy lock thingy to keep it shut when transporting.
The water stains are included for free and are a result of a leaky humidifier but it does not affect the overall performance of the table.

PM me if youre interested at all and we can work it out. One or both of these would fit into a small SUV.

You pick up only because once i load them into my car I am only driving to the church to donate them. Located in Flanders area 07836.

Attachments

• IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 23

mtbiker87

Remember slot cars ? I still have 'em. Everything from 1:24 to 1:64. Had a 4 lane in my basement till a few years ago. Sold off most of my AFX collection, but kept a few for racing. Certain cars can be worth decent money to collectors.

iman29

Remember slot cars ? I still have 'em. Everything from 1:24 to 1:64. Had a 4 lane in my basement till a few years ago. Sold off most of my AFX collection, but kept a few for racing. Certain cars can be worth decent money to collectors.
That's cool I had the real small ones growing up and I still have my whole track and cars stored in a box somewhere. Never gettting rid of them hope to revive the whole setup one day.

qclabrat

That's cool I had the real small ones growing up and I still have my whole track and cars stored in a box somewhere. Never gettting rid of them hope to revive the whole setup one day.
It sucked when the track tabs connecting them break and lost contact. Tried tape but we didn't have the good stuff like Gorilla stuff nowadays. Good memories, mine are long gone when we moved to the burbs from NYC.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It sucked when the track tabs connecting them break and lost contact. Tried tape but we didn't have the good stuff like Gorilla stuff nowadays. Good memories, mine are long gone when we moved to the burbs from NYC.

pvc cement. also, take two broken ended tracks, and bond them together with a piece of PVC as a bridge. WIll never come apart, but you don't lose the track.
(esp for the larger gauge. stupid expensive.) I've gone digital and wireless (ghost cars, fuel management....) - haven't set them up in a few years. Wonder if i can use the controller while on the trainer?

DownhillR3

i still slot car sometimes at Zepplin Hobbies. Just started again after 15 years of not racing them. Good easy fun you don't have to think about and such a cheap hobby!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
cheap hobby

relative to buying bikes? !!!!

what scale do you like?
i'm running 1:32. and a long time ago, kept an eye on all the typical sites for deals.
Funny, i have the larger slot cars, and all my train stuff is n-gauge (small). i have a dream set-up, but it will never happen.

mtbiker87

I raced at Zepplin as well. 1:24 and 1:32. I'll post some pics of a few of my remaining cars. Best way to keep the home tracks together is screwing the down. Also, use model railroad cork roadbed to line the out side, and inside edges of the track. It keeps track where you want it, and let's you drift the cars a bit without hanging a wheel off the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom