Free Bike

jpo

This is my old (I think 2006?) Raleigh Mojave 2.0. Was my only form of transportation through most of college, and I also had a bit of fun riding White Clay and Judge Morris in Delaware. After I broke the rear axle for the second time I gave up on my self maintaining ways and bought a new bike.

My original plan was to convert it to a snow bike, but now we are moving to Miami so that is even more pointless than it was before.

So, free bike! Located in Lambertville, but I can bring it to work with me in Lawrenceville with some advanced notice.

Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/116477786195709841164/BikeForSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPUo5WNkvO61AE

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you get no takers, the Three Bridges Fire Company is collecting donated bikes in good working condition to ship to third-world countries. June 12 from 12-3pm.

Three Bridges Fire Company is located on Main Street in Three Bridges (Readington Twp).

DanBrodeen

Mt. Allamuchy Scout Reservation would love to add another bike to their program. The camp serves youths ages 10-17 and during camp season runs two treks a day for scouts. Donations are much appreciated!

PM me and I can put you in contact with the Reservation director.

jpo

... collecting donated bikes in good working condition to ship to third-world countries...

Sounds like a great idea, but this bike is by no means in working condition, let alone good working condition.

Portland, do you know how rough shape they are taking donations in?

Drop it off at Knapp's Cyclery. We collect donation bikes for the Bicycle Exchange.

Knapp's Cyclery
1761 Princeton Ave
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
JPO,

I'd like to see the Scouts get it, so I would donate the time to fix it and provide the parts to get it back running and get it to them.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

DanBrodeen

Sounds like a great idea, but this bike is by no means in working condition, let alone good working condition.

Portland, do you know how rough shape they are taking donations in?

Since I'll be the one refurbishing or tuning the bike up, sent me a pic and I'll let you know if it's something we can use.
Generally, if you think the bike can handle the more tame trails of Allamuchy under the control of a teenager, then we could use it!

DanBrodeen

Portland,

The pics were posted here. Looks like it needs tires and maybe a tune up.

Tim

Looks great, we have the tires and can tune her up! Thanks! I can either pick it up sometime or you can drop it off at the scout camp. I'll PM you with my contact info.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Portland,

I sent you and jpo a PM. I don't have the bike, it's JPO that has it. I was only offering to fix it and get it to the scouts.

Sorry for the confusion,

Tim

roc

Since I'll be the one refurbishing or tuning the bike up, sent me a pic and I'll let you know if it's something we can use.
Generally, if you think the bike can handle the more tame trails of Allamuchy under the control of a teenager, then we could use it!

I have a 99 or 2000 schwinn moab and a klein, don't know what year, but they both work fine. where should i bring them?

Top Bottom