Fox Fit 4 remote cable orientation? This does not seem right.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
For any of the mechanics familiar with the Fox Fit4 remote(2017-2018 SC32) fork lockout adjustment am I missing something here? I am setting up my new whip and despite having two new from the factory SC32 forks the cable stop appears to be indexed incorrectly(one direct from fox and one from Pivot). Fox's website claims 1 o’clock or 7 o’clock position on top of right side (compression side) of fork. How on earth do I route a left hand thumb control that points forward behind/under head/steering tube area to access the cable stop at 7 o’clock? Do I run a complete loop d loo? How about 1 o’clock? Do I use a 4’ cable to do a 2’ cable’s job? Mine both came at 10 o’vlock positioning. Fox’s website clearly states “riders 1 or 7 o’clock positions only). See examples as 1 oclock points the cable as far away from the remote as humanly possible.[ Maybe I am missing somethi g here? ATTACH=full]63654[/ATTACH]
BD5863FF-3264-49F4-9828-06E9151F9F21.jpeg

Attachments

• 2EB454E9-0DBF-4E0F-9F31-AB5AD589AE99.jpeg
    2EB454E9-0DBF-4E0F-9F31-AB5AD589AE99.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 188
Push to lock should be clocked at 7 or 1. Seems like the fork is set up for push to unlock thats why it it clocked to 10. You will either have to change the fork if possible or the lever to push to unlock.

You can clock it to where you want, follow the steps on fox's website but change the numbers, just make sure it is turned counter clock wise 180 degrees. I have mine set at 10 like the pic they show that in incorrect but it work perfect.

This is direct from fox. It came with the remote.
Push to lock should be clocked at 7 or 1. Seems like the fork is set up for push to unlock thats why it it clocked to 10. You will either have to change the fork if possible or the lever to push to unlock.

That’s what I have now. I may just try it out. I don’t see how it won’t work.
You can clock it to where you want, follow the steps on fox's website but change the numbers, just make sure it is turned counter clock wise 180 degrees. I have mine set at 10 like the pic they show that in incorrect but it work perfect.

interesting - @jShort - the cable guide at the fork on your setup (post #2) is running in the opposite direction (the cable turns the knob the other way) of the pictures in your OP.
hence the push/lock vs push/unlock
looks like @Joe J has sent you in the right direction

interesting - @jShort - the cable guide at the fork on your setup (post #2) is running in the opposite direction (the cable turns the knob the other way) of the pictures in your OP.
hence the push/lock vs push/unlock
looks like @Joe J has sent you in the right direction

I was wondering why DT was having a hard time. Mine took 30 seconds to set up and required very little thinking.

That’s what I have now. I may just try it out. I don’t see how it won’t work.

The cartages are different from push to lock and push to un-lock I do not believe you can just re clock them however you want. Your best bet is to contact fox tech support and explain what you have and they will guid you in the right direction. The switch from PTL & PTUL is/was a running change so it's possible they are mis-matched.

The cartages are different from push to lock and push to un-lock I do not believe you can just re clock them however you want. Your best bet is to contact fox tech support and explain what you have and they will guid you in the right direction. The switch from PTL & PTUL is/was a running change so it's possible they are mis-matched.

As long as you rotate in a counter clockwise direction at 180 degrees in the full open setting from the starting point there is no difference on the angle exit of the cable and how it works. You are not doing any clocking on the cartage that stays in the same place only the plastic piece that guides the cable. Mine came from the factory set at 1 o'clock which I would have had a very long loop to the left side but I have it set at 10 or 11 o'clock and it works exactly the same. Just make sure it's 180 degrees because if it's not then it won't fully open or close the cartage.

Back
Top Bottom