Fox 32 SC Fork Question ...

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
So I think I'm about to prove false the platitude that there are no dumb questions ...

I have a Fox 32 SC fork on my Air9. The rebound adjuster knob ... basically, the red thing here:
fox-racing-shox-32-sc-fs-27.5inch-float-100mm-fit4-15x100-kabolt-1.5t-44mm-rake-fork-2017-orange-FF91020134-rebound-adjust.jpg

Is this actually just a tool that comes with the fork and not something you are supposed to leave on? I ask because I lost the first one, got a second one and it just snaps loosely in place -- it doesn't screw on, so it's always loose. I can't imagine it is suppose to stay on, so I just left it hanging ont he peg board in my shop adn ride without it. I can tune it at home if I need it. So is that right or am I missing how it's supposed to attach?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
All the ones I've seen have set screws including mine. Do you see a little hole on the side anywhere?

1speed

All the ones I've seen have set screws including mine. Do you see a little hole on the side anywhere?

No -- I didn't notice anything like that. I'll look more closely tonight, but I really don't recall anything like that. Thanks!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Some people leave it on w/our issues. But u don't have to. I haven't flipped over any of my fox forks w/out it to look...but on a rockshox solo air there's a valve way under there for the negative chaimber. You don't add air there, that happens when you cycle the fork...but you can remove the air if you are having issues with it getting backed up. That was a pretty common problem with the early solo airs.

mstyer

RockShox also had a similar design where the rebound adjuster knob was a 3mm allen with a red aluminum knob on the end, and it would snap in place with an o-ring to hold it. The same knob could also be used to adjust the pad contact point of your Juicy Ultimate brakes if needed.

SpeedyChix

Mine's gone missing now too. Where did you find your replacement knob?
Thanks.

So I think I'm about to prove false the platitude that there are no dumb questions ...

I have a Fox 32 SC fork on my Air9. The rebound adjuster knob ... basically, the red thing here:
fox-racing-shox-32-sc-fs-27.5inch-float-100mm-fit4-15x100-kabolt-1.5t-44mm-rake-fork-2017-orange-FF91020134-rebound-adjust.jpg

Is this actually just a tool that comes with the fork and not something you are supposed to leave on? I ask because I lost the first one, got a second one and it just snaps loosely in place -- it doesn't screw on, so it's always loose. I can't imagine it is suppose to stay on, so I just left it hanging ont he peg board in my shop adn ride without it. I can tune it at home if I need it. So is that right or am I missing how it's supposed to attach?

1speed

Mine's gone missing now too. Where did you find your replacement knob?
Thanks.

I called Fox and they shipped one out to me directly -- it was a brand new fork so it was under warranty and no charge.

SpeedyChix

Thanks so much, Gave 'em a call as this one is a month old.

Edit/update:
They requested pics via email and I've heard back already. Great customer service. New one will be mailed out. Think I'll use a spot of loc-tite when I attach it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom