Fox 130 air shaft

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I'm about to do my routine seal service on my fox 34, and while I'm at it I want to up my travel from 120 to 130. Can't find a 130 air shaft online and local shops don't seem to much help ordering one (not sure if they really can't get it or just don't understand what I want, as my local shops aren't very mtb experienced). Wonder if it's normal to have a hard time trying to get parts from fox? I know they try to push their in house servicing.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have you tried calling Fox directly? I purchased a new updated cartridge from them a couple of yrs ago. Was super easy and shipping was fast. Not sure if they still have direct sales but worth a shot.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fox is not as friendly to home travel adjust like Rockshox. If you send it out for service, I think it's like $30-ish more times change it. I was considering dropping my 130 to 120 so I asked Fox direct.

Jmann

It's not much harder in my opinion than rockshox. More expensive because you need to buy the entire shaft instead of the spacers. I think if you send it out to be serviced with the shaft swapped it's upwards of $200. I like to be able to change things around when I want, so I pretty much have to do it myself.

Jmann

Have you tried calling Fox directly? I purchased a new updated cartridge from them a couple of yrs ago. Was super easy and shipping was fast. Not sure if they still have direct sales but worth a shot.
I emailed them directly, thanks. I'm sure if I had a shop close to me that dealt with suspension I probably would have it by now.

DargSide

I emailed them directly, thanks. I'm sure if I had a shop close to me that dealt with suspension I probably would have it by now.

For suspension parts i normally go to bike king in Clinton, he normally gets the parts fairly quickly for me, I've been told the main problem getting fox parts is that they're west coast based and don't really support east coast shops

Top Bottom