Formula 1 - 2018

THATmanMANNY

Revival @Fogerson @elzoller

HOT LINK: Results and Standings

This is my first year dedicating myself to catching a full season now that ESPN is covering F1. Also, just my attempt to sit still, detach, and not do anything for an hour (so hard) and chill with my daughter while she cheers for the pink cars (Force India) while I'm always praying for any Honda engine powered car to finish the race. Watch Netflix's Grand Prix Driver. It's decent but painstaking to watch as a Honda guy.

1st Race Melbourne, Austrailian GP - meh, I wasn't really following and the coverage missed many key moments but little did I know while I as watching that it was an absolute disastrous coverage. Reporters, bloggers, tweets, called out ESPN and ESPN apologized.
(1) Vettel/Ferrari (2) Hamilton/Mercedes (3) Kimi/Ferrari

2nd Race Bahrain GP - had to look up where the hell this is. This race was electrifying! Course was under the lights and technical turns with long straights. One pit stop, pole position win for Vettel/Ferrari. Vettel did some magic and held off Bottas/MB with no tire life left for like the last 10 laps. Coverage was great. No commercials at all versus the previous race that interrupted every moment that mattered. Seeing the different strategies the teams employ is cool and you felt the frustration of the drivers. I love to hate MB because of Lewis Hamilton's love for himself which is all good (love thyself) but just way overboard homie. But damn can he drive (9th to 3rd) and they are running bullet proof engines in this era. Both Red Bull cars out early. Ferrari mechanic breaks a leg, literally, because it got run over by pitted Kimi/Ferrari. Race is over for Kimi and he was in podium contention. It turns out there is some signal malfunction and was let go before that tire was swapped. Rules do not allow mismatched tires to continue. https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/983015734069682176 OUCH. Toro Rosso/Honda engines finished 4th and last! THAT IS AMAZING and I hope a sign of what's to come but I'm not holding my breath.
(1) Vettel/Ferrari (2) Bottas/MB (3) Hamilton/MB

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

RACING IS EASY THEY SAID

Sauber-C33-steering-wheel.jpg

mwlikesbikes

The Bahrain coverage was a vast improvement over Melbourne, the race and quali.
I’ve always been a Ferrari fan from before the Schumacer era. I really hope that Seb can give them a championship this year. It seems that Kimi is always the one that has the problems that don’t seem to be his.

THATmanMANNY

3rd Race China GP - the Honda boys screw it up for some and make dreams come true for others after they manage to hit each other and caused a safety car that completely changed the race. Plenty of position changes in this race, precision driving/passing, and strategical pit stops and LUCK.

It was a pleasure to watch the Red Bull drivers, Ricciardo and Verstappen tear it up. They were able to double stop a second time as soon as the safety car was called and the fresh rubber let them shred the wicked course. Ricciardo was consistently the fastest driver of the day and won the race 9s ahead of Bottas. He was stoked to win! Awesome race. Verstappen was the second fastest and after he got a 10s penalty for hitting Vettel and putting him out of contention. Verstappen was even better to watch after because he did not give a F. He was driving like there is no tomorrow and taking chances because he was trying to make up for the penalty. Still manages 5th place.
(1) Ricciardo/Red Bull (2) Bottas/MB (3) Kimi/Ferrari

Last edited:
Top Bottom