Forkboost Lube?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Has anyone tried the Forkboost Lube by WPL? It is supposed to lube and clean the seals in your fork and rear shock. I understand it works well with dropper posts also.

Karate Monkey

If you need to use that product, your fork/shock needs to have a lower service. With a sealed damper, it's 20 minutes, open 30. Air can service takes 10 from removing the shock to installing. Neither requires anything expensive, other than a chamferless-socket (garage sale/harbor freight, grind it down) and a few measuring tools.

You use something like that, and it WILL flush any [thick, good] lube you do have under the seals/bushings right out.

Not a fix for proper maintenance. $0.02

serviceguy

I do use it occasionally. It does bring out crap from under the seals, I am assuming (and hoping jus the outer ones) so I would thing that if you actually see dirt coming out of your seals when using it…it maybe be time to service your suspension!

Generally speaking I am a loyal customer of WPL ( even though I’ll stick to the manufacturer for suspension fluids) and particularly love their sealant. I haven’t had any issue with it and when I had to remove ( tire swap) it washed clean off the tire with just water. I hate how Stan’s sticks to the tire, which is also its job, but for some reason WOL works as good and doesn’t need rubbing it off when done (although you can argue there’s no problem with a dry sealant plastered inner tire, it’s just gross and maybe out of balance).

Last edited:

JonF

Reminds me of the infamous Break Free CLP, the gun cleaner, lube and protectant that wasn't really a good cleaner, lube or protectant (jack of all trades, master of none)! It can work, but you are then forced into very frequent re-application since the cleaning action limited the lubing action, etc. Was always better to use discrete steps and products but it could extend the service interval a little bit when things got super dirty until you could do the proper maintenance. Can also be handy in a pinch if you are limited in what you can carry on some sort of long journey with no access to other products but thats not usually the case for most people.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I have used it and it does help, however it is short term. It appears to increased stiction after a few rides and is a really short term fix to performing seal/oil service

Top Bottom