First timers at Mountain Creek Park

oobaa47

Hhmmmm, might be there Thursday as well.......what bike are you taking with you ? Maybe Liong can ride from his home to Vernon and join us.......

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Noob Mountain Creek question: Do the rental bikes have flat pedals or clipless on them? Need to know what kind of shoes to bring...

jumpa

took a friend today. Her first time dh, she ditched the flats after the second run for her clippless pedals.

Ride what your more comfortable with.

mudjnky

We are beginners and did a three park tour a few weeks ago. Thunder, Highland, and Windham. We liked Thunder, Loved Highland, will not go back to Windham. As beginners there were only two trails to ride. We did them a few times and were bored so left. It is a lot of loose rock. We normally ride MC and I think has us spoiled as well.

DownhillR3

gonna bring my cx bike cause if @liong71er goes he's gonna make us climb to the top. :)
I climb to the top weekly to ride the XC trails on my 160mm, if you do it right youll see my sweet Strava segment name.

PS, i've ridden DH trails there on my road bike, top to bottom. Video/Photos to prove it. :)

njkayaker

Creak fixed Crapshoot. All filled in with nice new dirt and fast!

Attachments

• IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 282

daytona

First time to MC what diamonds trails are fun on a trail bike. 140mm 29er. Like flow trails with obstacles. Done Plattekill and Windham on same bike. Riding solo so not a fan of big drops. Thanks.

daytona

Also are the xc worth it? Was thinking of hitting them first then go back to car and gear up for DH. But if trails are fire roads then I will just hit dh.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also are the xc worth it? Was thinking of hitting them first then go back to car and gear up for DH. But if trails are fire roads then I will just hit dh.

The newer XC trails (AKA race course) are fairly low speed, mostly technical ST with a little bit of fire road connecting. Assuming the race course trails are open full time?

Jeb

XC is open 24/7. Roughly a 10 mile loop. If it means anything, I'm not a huge fan of xc but I ride our loop just for a few awesome sections. The downhill after the second gate is awesome, as is the one coming back to the first gate and passing it towards the sister ponds. Also, you can hit most trails with your bike and have a blast. There's a guy here daily on a hardtail 29'er smashing everything.

Jeb

There's also a trail map on the mcbp website that you can take a picture of or download with your phone for reference

njkayaker

who on here was riding creek today wearing mtbnj jersey. came out on Tempest towards the bottom and the followed you down waterboy.

njkayaker

I don't like what I have heard Mt Creek about the bike park. Upper management just doesn't get it. what a bummer.

Top Bottom