first time to Allaire

qclabrat

Stopping by on the way back up from Toms River,
looking to ride a short 10-15 miles
is the best place to park on Hospital Road and take the short route posted by Mitch?

which tires would you suggest: Specialized the Captain or WTB Nano Race

qclabrat

I'll be there tomorrow after work, can't make the Sunday ride
no clue what Allaire is like, I don't get around much

moray42

Merman
Stopping by on the way back up from Toms River,
looking to ride a short 10-15 miles
is the best place to park on Hospital Road and take the short route posted by Mitch?

which tires would you suggest: Specialized the Captain or WTB Nano Race
Does it grip sand? If so, use it. I haven't used it, but the park is on maprika, so if you can download it you should be good to wander. That being said, everything south of mile 60 on the parkway is wet, and I expect there is a fair possibility allaire is also only being about 30 miles away.

The Kalmyk

@qclabrat , I'm don't know any of the tires you listed off hand. My preference for Allaire would be big volume, med low pressure (this being relative) and fast rolling/low tread tire.

Johnny Utah

Yeah, it is a bit wet and I would urge you to stay out till it dries. I will leave it at that........the ground is absolutely saturated.

I hate it when people post things like this.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Yeah, it is a bit wet and I would urge you to stay out till it dries. I will leave it at that........the ground is absolutely saturated.

I hate it when people post things like this.
Hey,give the guy a break! He said he don't get around much!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you have a different set of tires for every trail you ride? Go tubeless on what you got and I guarantee they will get you from A to B at any park. I ride heavy Minion DHF/DHR from Six Mile to Blue Mountain. I even raced LewMo on them cause YOLO.
:banana:

qclabrat

goody someone finally posted conditions for Allaire, thanks
Looks like I'll try somewhere else, first year mtbr so need will guidance on parks
Have not visited parks north of I80 or south of Rt27

Does Huber or Hartshorne ride well after big rains?
Otherwise, I'll find my way to RV some time this weekend

Johnny Utah

I hate to say it, but judging by our current weather pattern we are going to be limited to riding roads & the beach until Tuesday or so, depending on how the storm pans out. Even the D&L can get a little rutted. Sucks, I am off till Monday and haven't gotten many miles in during the past week.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I hate to say it, but judging by our current weather pattern we are going to be limited to riding roads & the beach until Tuesday or so, depending on how the storm pans out. Even the D&L can get a little rutted. Sucks, I am off till Monday and haven't gotten many miles in during the past week.

I'm right there with ya man.... been away on travel so I haven't been doing any exercise and eating like crap. Was looking forward to coming home and hopping on the bike for some fun/exercise.

Rain sucks... it should only be allowed to be sunny or snowing once summers over.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Well it looks like the hurricane itself will miss us but we are getting rain all day today the a chance both Saturday and Sunday as John has said we are pretty much in a wet trail situation for at least the next few days.
That said I am going to post a cancel message for the Sunday morning ride :(

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hmm off on the honeymoon and you did not take a bike??? For shame dude :)

RobW

I told you that you're cutting your go-nads off

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions