First time at Chimney Rock

yanmar

Thankfully a nice gentleman came up to me while I was looking at the map board and asked if I needed help . I explained that it was my first time and said my plan was to take the blue trail . He suggested the white or red would be better and off to the trail I went . I have to say this was a humbling experience for a flatlander .This has motivated me to eat healthier and to train . Skill wise I was fine ( use to race in the E.C.E.A. motorcycle enduros in the rocks ) physically I was spent especially after doing the white and red . I must say that was the most fun I 've had on a mountain bike ...........

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The first time I rode a mountain bike at chimney rock, I practically quit afterwards. Welcome to the club.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Keep at it, As you get more fit you will cover more of the park and thus increase the fun.

qclabrat

yellow and orange are even more fun when you are ready
I feel fortunate that Chimney is only 1o mins from my house

Jim & Val

Nice job dude! That's the kind of terrain that bike is made for! Glad you had fun would love to ride there with you next time
Jim

Oz Von Toco

Awesome! I love chimney rock and ride there more than anywhere else. If your ever looking to ride there feel free to shoot me a message and I can try to show you around a bit. I go there normally once or twice during the week

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Was watching YT of chimney and this one particular guy was going pretty fast on yellow and thought wow... then I looked at the YT channel and it was @liong71er lol

liong71er

when I started mountain biking chimney rock was my first trail riding after I purchased my first MTB fullsus and that was in 2002 then I started bike there regularly from 2003 until 2010 I used to rode the whole loop twice those videos I make was when I first bought the newest or first generation of gopro,..now the trails has changed so much thanks to the hard work of jorba.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
met some of the mtbnj crew there a long time ago. they let me tag along. good stuff.

welcome aboard! (??)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions