First Time at Ceres

johnpitts01

Rode Ceres for the first time today.
What a blast!
This is a fantastic MTb gem in South Jersey.
Thanks to all that have worked on developing this site.

Sachem6

Rode Ceres for the first time today.
What a blast!
This is a fantastic MTb gem in South Jersey.
Thanks to all that have worked on developing this site.

Hey johnpitts01, I see that you are in White House Station, my sister lives there too. There's kind of a small mountain, in South Jersey it's considered a mountain, in back of her house. My brother-in-law says that there are trails all over there, just wondering if you know of trails that are in your area? I always want to bring my bike with me whenever I go up there, but am not sure where the trails are.

Hello fellow bikers and humaniods. My buddies and I will be trying out Ceres park for the first time. I hear it's a blast and is much improved. I did trail maint there a couple of years ago to earn points, but do not remember where I was or how I got there. :) Was very rainy and stormy.
Anyway, can someone direct as to the best place to park and address?? We are coming from North Brunswick, NJ.
Thank you!!

johnpitts01

Whitehouse Station - Round Valley

You should be able to Google Round Valley online, here on mtbnj or other place to learn about the trails in Whitehhouse Station.

From Whitehouse there are two good places to start.
From the back of the police station / Pickell Park is a nice trail.

Details here:

http://www.readingtontwp.org/Pickell_Park_to_Cushetunk_Mountain_Section_Trail_Map.pdf

Hey johnpitts01, I see that you are in White House Station, my sister lives there too. There's kind of a small mountain, in South Jersey it's considered a mountain, in back of her house. My brother-in-law says that there are trails all over there, just wondering if you know of trails that are in your area? I always want to bring my bike with me whenever I go up there, but am not sure where the trails are.

JDurk

Hello fellow bikers and humaniods. My buddies and I will be trying out Ceres park for the first time. I hear it's a blast and is much improved. I did trail maint there a couple of years ago to earn points, but do not remember where I was or how I got there. :) Was very rainy and stormy.
Anyway, can someone direct as to the best place to park and address?? We are coming from North Brunswick, NJ.
Thank you!!

What day are you planning to ride? There's usually a regular group that rides Sunday mornings at 9-9:30ish that can show you around.

Google map location of best place to park
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=403+...=403+Pitman+Rd,+Sewell,+New+Jersey+08080&z=16

JD

Last edited:

jayres6

hey guys. I just wanted to chime in on the round valley deal. I used to ride there all the time when I lived in piscataway. It's awesome, but very challenging. tons of climing and very rocky. get ready for a hard day at the office when you ride there.

not sure if you use a garmin or not, but here is a map from an XTERRA race that they hold there. it's a good starting point. as I remember, there aren't a lot of trails. basically one trail (the upper trail) that you can ride out and back, or you can dive down to a fire road that runs around the resevior. As far as I remember, there are not trails all the way around the lake.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/177985701

good luck. I miss that place.....

there is also a round valley thread you can check out...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions