First ticket in 18 Years

The Kalmyk

In August I fell victim to a camera in Edison Township while making a right on on red. When paying the bill I had the chance to watch myself breaking the law:rolleyes:. Two things were apparent to me when watching; the car in front of me broke the law and on coming traffic is impossible. I made a right at a "T" which for me doesn't make sense that you can't turn. Edison Township is $87 dollars richer. Funny town has gone to shit anyway.

Just an fyi, this was the light at the Home Depot, which is just south of Rt. 287 on Rt.1. I was heading south.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
cloning will make it more difficult to enforce these in the coming years.

hence the zombie army of the apocalypse....

this makes me wonder, if there was an "empty clone" of self - ie something with no consciousness - around for spare parts, would a brain transplant make more sense, or only in a catastrophic situation?

it would also make more sense that the transporter in star trek would be used as a duplicator....hey, if you are digitizing, may as well keep a copy.

oh, yeah, tickets suck - cause you know they lose the vids of certain people....

The Kalmyk

More than anything this is a heads up to anyone traveling that area. It really is tricky. Pulling up to it you have your own lane and with no chance whatsoever for on coming traffic from your left. One may just assume making the right is ok. That's not saying I shouldn't have looked for a sign. I really don't understand why the right isn't allowed

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Most likely a No Turn On Red sign is there for Ped X-ing They don't want people "California" rolling up to a stop light and banging a right into a Ped who just stepped off the curb to cross.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Most likely a No Turn On Red sign is there for Ped X-ing They don't want people "California" rolling up to a stop light and banging a right into a Ped who just stepped off the curb to cross.

I wonder if a car as small as a Mazda 2 would trigger the camera. It might just think a pigeon flew by.

Sandman98

I fell victim on this camera thing in rt.18 and tices lane. And its a Christmas day too year 2011. I agree, theres no sign that theres no turn on red. I paid the same amount.

walter

Fourth Party
Are you sure the ticket is for "turning on red", or is it for not coming to a complete stop before making the turn? Isn't this what Vreeland (i think) got?

VanDbtRiver

I have gotten nailed twice in Piscataway. I was clearly guilty both times. They have adequate signage warning drivers that cameras are in use so I can't say the odds Are in their favor.... Still it's dirty. Maybe someone smarter than me can chime in about the revenue generated by these things and how it's going towards the benefit of the township;)

SpartaBard

I am so happy these did not exist 12 years ago when I lived in Edison and that there are nine in Sussex County.

The Kalmyk

If that's the case at least get them a sidewalk then... Broke ass Edison...lol

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
No turn sign is likely due to the speed limit on route 1 and limited shoulder as well. The red light cameras have a lot of bugs to be worked out, especially when a turn on red is allowed and the time you need to stop is x number of seconds. I got nailed by one in Philly a few years back.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not in NJ but equally irritating: I received a ticket in the mail from a speed monitoring camera in Maryland for allegedly doing 67 in a 55 zone at 11:28pm on I-95 south. Their "cutoff" is at least 12 miles over and conveniently I seemed to be doing *exactly* that.

TurboBlew

Not in NJ but equally irritating: I received a ticket in the mail from a speed monitoring camera in Maryland for allegedly doing 67 in a 55 zone at 11:28pm on I-95 south. Their "cutoff" is at least 12 miles over and conveniently I seemed to be doing *exactly* that.

I noticed the signage for that in MD back in June. Was it from a vehicle or a stationary cam?

I have a friend locally that put a fresnel lense on his license plate and has been disobeying traffic cams for months. Of course there is only 1 tag on FL vehicles.

THATmanMANNY

God damn New Brunswick red light cam got me (i think). One on Easton at the St peters hospital. That f-ing yellow was fast as a mother f-er. I swear I was in the intersection when it was yellow and then it turned red while I was still in it then I saw the razzi flashes all over. Nice anniversary gift NB. F you! So we'll see if I get nailed.

Top Bottom