Finish Line tubeless sealant

Dave02

Anyone try the new Finish Line tire sealant?
Supposedly it lasts the life of the tire- doesn’t dry out.
I’m getting a wheel repaired at Pops Bike Shop and they recommended it.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Anyone try the new Finish Line tire sealant?
Supposedly it lasts the life of the tire- doesn’t dry out.
I’m getting a wheel repaired at Pops Bike Shop and they recommended it.

No. But I am interested in hearing your feedback if you do go with it.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I used it for a few weeks. Ripped a tire at RV, didn't seal. Walked 2.5 hours out. Replaced sealant with Stan's and it's been perfect ever since. Nothing beats the original...

Dave02

I used it for a few weeks. Ripped a tire at RV, didn't seal. Walked 2.5 hours out. Replaced sealant with Stan's and it's been perfect ever since. Nothing beats the original...

Thanks Jim. Was this a sealable puncture that Stans would have sealed? I've been using Stans for a few years- the only issues I've had were if I didn't top if off in time and the snot it leaves behind. Not a lot to put up with since it works so well.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Just filled a new front tire with some. I heard this rain may stop some day so I can test it out.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Thanks Jim. Was this a sealable puncture that Stans would have sealed? I've been using Stans for a few years- the only issues I've had were if I didn't top if off in time and the snot it leaves behind. Not a lot to put up with since it works so well.

Stan's did seal it after removing the Finish Line Sealant. The tire has several hundred miles on it afterwards.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i put the finish line stuff in my fatbike when i had the tires off, no problems yet (going on a whole 3 weeks tho so not a great test period)

qclabrat

I've read some consumer reviews and so far not inspiring. 30% on Amazon had the same experience as Jim. Completely defeats the purpose in going to tubeless. Interested in seeing the other results posted here.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

You know what's funny, is it's not original. We were talking about it at the factory (and Stan himself actually...) and they have made pretty substantial changes over the years to make it perform better.

Doesn't mean someone else can't build a better mousetrap however.

goodvibe

I have it in a couple of my tires. In my fat bike, I could not get it to seal. Had about 10 oz in a 5" tire. Removed it and put in 4 oz of orange seal and it sealed perfectly.

one piece crank

So my front wheel has been holding air perfectly since mid-May. New Schwalbe tire on a fresh Stan's Hugo wheel, run around 18psi - no leaking, no weeping sealant, no anything but riding.

Anyone else have the same experience? I'd like to convert my Gound Control Fat's to tubeless...

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have the finish line stuff in my fatboy, 4.6 ground control tires, no weeping or anything, no flats, put it in late april, I dont ride it much in the summer so only like 150 miles on it since then but no problems.

My bike shop has switched over to it too for all their in house tubeless setups and told me that they havent had any complaints yet.

one piece crank

The next rainy day I may set-up one of my wheels tubeless. I need to buy more sealant and I'm not sure if I'll use Finishline or Orangeseal.

EDIT: Orangeseal's Subzero longevity (time between replenishment) is 60-180 days. Finishline claims 360 days.

Last edited:

Dajerseyrat

I am having the darndest time trying to get a rear tire to simply hold air for more than 10 hours with this stuff. Haven't even ridden on it yet. After reading some of the reviews I might just take it out and use Stans.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have 700 miles on my stache with the finish line sealant. And replaced one tire on that bike in that time. If you can't get it to seal up the problem is you not the tires.

I have a total of 6 tires currently sealed with it and 0 problems caused by sealant

Dajerseyrat

I have 700 miles on my stache with the finish line sealant. And replaced one tire on that bike in that time. If you can't get it to seal up the problem is you not the tires.

I have a total of 6 tires currently sealed with it and 0 problems caused by sealant
I have sealed many tires in my days, never had I had an issue like this. It seems to seal up holds air, go back the next day and it's flat. Every bike I used Stans on sealed almost instantly.
What could I possibly be doing wrong this time that has worked dozens of times in the past for me?? And I never said the problem was the tires I said it was the sealant. It has dog shit reviews..And the company even retracted aka back peddled, on their original claims that it was for the life of the tire and never dries out..

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have sealed many tires in my days, never had I had an issue like this. It seems to seal up holds air, go back the next day and it's flat. Every bike I used Stans on sealed almost instantly.
What could I possibly be doing wrong this time that has worked dozens of times in the past for me?? And I never said the problem was the tires I said it was the sealant. It has dog shit reviews..And the company even retracted aka back peddled, on their original claims that it was for the life of the tire and never dries out..

where is it leaking from? 10 hour leak should be detectable with water. i'm going valve, either core or around stem....
should make it a poll. which is funny, cause if you want an opinion from your chain of command, you run it up the pole.
words are funny that way.

Top Bottom