Finally Got out to Nassau

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@woody thats a pretty sick loop. Good work. always wondered what the tracks were like after high bridge train station (going the the other way). But closer to me they are kinda shitty and rough so i assumed they would be the same that far towads RV... If Iever get a fat bike, I will explore more.

FitmanNJ

I was out at Nassau yesterday, too, and was equally impressed with the new features! Had a short chat with Woody, and waived at kdebello leaving the trailhead with his daughter. I captured the small changes to the trails that have been implemented since January and put them in Open Street Map. It usually takes a couple of weeks for changes to be published to the version that can be downloaded for use on a Garmin (per my earlier note).

FitmanNJ

Is this supposed to be a link to the gps file, if so, not working.
No, the link is to the mapping site. At a minimum, you need to select "Routable Bicycle" and "New Jersey" from the North America dropdown menu, then request to download the map. When the map file has completed downloading ( you'll get an Email telling you so), you can load it onto a Garmin GPS device as a supplemental map. If this is confusing but you'd still like to do this personal message me and I'll try to guide you through the final steps. The map has most of the NJ mtb trails down as far south as Allaire, including Nassau.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Haven't been here in over a year, I guess I'll have to get it back into the rotation.

RyanW

I realize that the main part of the trails can be ridden in a variety of way but where is the preferred parking area and which direction to people hit the trail on the other side of the road?

qclabrat

Just rode here today and very likely one of the best beginner parks in NJ. Norm reviewed this well as an expert, but for a beginner it brings a little bit of everything include new features and obstacles being added. There are beginner switchbacks which trouble me at CR, some short burst climbs like LM, nice skinnies, mild rock gardens and controlled descents. Overall lots of fun and variability for a beginner like myself. For the small acreage there's a good amount of trails. Took me about 90mins to get through most trails including photo ops and attempts at features. At 2pm only saw two other riders at the park.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just rode here today and very likely one of the best beginner parks in NJ. Norm reviewed this well as an expert, but for a beginner it brings a little bit of everything include new features and obstacles being added. There are beginner switchbacks which trouble me at CR, some short burst climbs like LM, nice skinnies, mild rock gardens and controlled descents. Overall lots of fun and variability for a beginner like myself. For the small acreage there's a good amount of trails. Took me about 90mins to get through most trails including photo ops and attempts at features. At 2pm only saw two other riders at the park.

Photo ops! Share!!!

qclabrat

image.jpg

Main lot second lot which has the big board
image.jpg

Old water pump?
image.jpg

One of many skinnies
image.jpg

@thatcher simpson one of the folks here who gets credit for building a fine park
image.jpg

Map for those who care

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad you got out here. The trail crew is constantly adding new features, or improving existing ones.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions