Festivus 2017

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
festivus-7113951.jpg

rlb

I had to trim my hedges yesterday (yeah, I know....yews and boxwoods, they'll be fine) so I can get some lights up. It was badly needed, as I was doing it I realized I didn't do any trimming this year. Should have taken a before pic.

Hoping to get some lights up next weekend. I need to expand my display a bit this year, I'll be keeping my eyes open for some easy stuff (like @fidodie's Santa)

rick81721

Lothar
Threw some lights up, will have to take a pic tonight. Pretty lame, I think I took a 30 gallon trash bag full of older lights to the somerset county electronics recycling last spring.

qclabrat

I had to trim my hedges yesterday (yeah, I know....yews and boxwoods, they'll be fine) so I can get some lights up. It was badly needed, as I was doing it I realized I didn't do any trimming this year. Should have taken a before pic.

Hoping to get some lights up next weekend. I need to expand my display a bit this year, I'll be keeping my eyes open for some easy stuff (like @fidodie's Santa)
Did you notice a lot less leaves this year? My big white oak in the front finally dropped most of it's leaves and there's much less than previous years. I think it could be bugs chewing them up from the mild winter we had last year.

Third annual neighborhood luminaries were last night. I really like seeing community events like this.
IMG_20171202_201314_1.jpg

rlb

Did you notice a lot less leaves this year?

Not particularly, I've just been cleaning them up a lot less :D I did the front on Saturday which took about 2 hours. Tackling the back today, which basically has snowfall-like leaf coverage. Will probably take me closer to 3 hours :rolleyes: but I mulch them. I figure it would probably take about the same amount of time to bag, so I stick with burning fossil fuel.

Top Bottom