Fellow Fatheadss only!!!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
C'Mon, give him a break, he wears Rapha. That level of elitist douchbaggery is pretty hard to maintain. He's upset that he couldn't afford the NAHBS cover bike to complete the package so he takes it out on us.
You have custom bikes, enve wheels, go on a rapha ride and then trash them afterwards because the route was too hard or something.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
CSBA0lZUEAA6zwT.jpg

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
IMO fat bikes are worthwhile in NJ if you meet one of these criteria:

a) You like to ride it year round (or at HoH).
b) You have money to burn.

The conditions where a skinny bike can't handle something that a fat bike can't in the snow happen about 1-2-3 times a year in NJ .. and we are looking at a few climbs that skinny tires can't handle.

That said, I have tried fat bike in the snow and it was more fun in the snow to me than skinny tires. When I meet condition B, I may consider buying one and perhaps, it will push me toward condition A.

I don't want to buy a fat bike and keep in the garage 362 days of the year.
Actually they ride perfect at allaire or any loose terrain parks as well as on the beach. Watching skinnies on the beach is more comical than in the snow.
Money to burn? No. Combined value of my bikes are 5x more than my 05 Corolla I drive so I can have nice bikes. A car is a point A to point B in my eyes. Bikes are life. I spend more time in the saddle than the car seat. So why waste money on a car? The wife's minivan is another story.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can I ask this without upsetting anyone? Especially @Frank...I hate upsetting the wookie. When I tell you I could care less what anyone rides, really I dont care....I ran into two guys the other day on full suspension ebikes...dont bother me...(although I did inform them that they probably shouldnt be riding them where they were riding them, etc)...but the fact that they own them doesnt upset me.

I've been out taking KOMs from roadies...because everyone says fat bikes are slow
So anyway....This begs the question...why are their fat bike only classes at XC races? Are they slower? Faster? why a special class?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can I ask this without upsetting anyone? Especially @Frank...I hate upsetting the wookie. When I tell you I could care less what anyone rides, really I dont care....I ran into two guys the other day on full suspension ebikes...dont bother me...(although I did inform them that they probably shouldnt be riding them where they were riding them, etc)...but the fact that they own them doesnt upset me.

So anyway....This begs the question...why are their fat bike only classes at XC races? Are they slower? Faster? why a special class?

Like you don't already know the answer.

gtluke

The Moped
Why is there a singlespeed class? why is there a women's class? Why is there cat 3?
Just one big class and run what you brung. If you don't choose to brung an e-bike, that's your fault.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Why is there a singlespeed class? why is there a women's class? Why is there cat 3?
Just one big class and run what you brung. If you don't choose to brung an e-bike, that's your fault.
But how will your organize your photos then?

mustclime

I have to admit some of the trolls on here are pretty funny. I also love the hate for the fat bikes, reminds me of when mountain bikes first came out, when suspension forks came out, when full suspension bikes came out, when 29's came out.......how does the saying go?....haters gunna hate....I just smile and clear the stuff I never could on my 29er.

Top Bottom