FattyStripper tubeless setup

viper8315

Forgot to post a pic of the finished product...
IMG_20161216_195017695.jpg

TAS

Well… I finally did it! Tubeless on the front tire!
Monday I went for a ride at Mercer and had thorn punctures so bad that I had to pump up every 1/2 mile.
5 stops to get back to the truck. PITA. That was even with the green slime and stock tubes which has been working fine up till now.
Massive holes in the front tube. Game over, no more tubes.

Anyway I used the Fatty Stripper kit and it was so easy..Everything fit and went together perfectly.
Even seating the bead was easy….. too easy!

After the bead was seated I put in 3 oz of Endurance Orange and spun / flipped the tire to spread the sealant.
Inflated to 6 PSI. The bead was tight no leaks!

But Wow… there were puncture holes everywhere. The stuff was working as each leak would spit & fizz, then stop.

I’ll go for a ride tomorrow and see how it holds up.

I can’t believe how much lighter the tire/rim is now.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pulled the fat bike off the wall for the first time since Global Fatbike Day last year, front tire was low, rear was flat.
Pumped them up, and the fatty strippers did their job.

Paging @a.s.

viper8315

Yea, I've recently done this setup on my Stumpy since I've been very happy with the fat bike conversion. I think this method is the best for a well sealed bead. Haven't had to do anything to the fat bike tires, just added more sealant.

qclabrat

Yea, I've recently done this setup on my Stumpy since I've been very happy with the fat bike conversion. I think this method is the best for a well sealed bead. Haven't had to do anything to the fat bike tires, just added more sealant.
can just buy the bands and reuse my tubeless valves?
for the price of the skinny strippers at $5 each, seems like the way to go instead of tape

viper8315

can just buy the bands and reuse my tubeless valves?
for the price of the skinny strippers at $5 each, seems like the way to go instead of tape
Yea, I'm sure you could, any tubeless valve should work. I usually like to replace the valves though since over time the sealant does clog them up a bit. Just take your time on the install, don't rush it, or else you'll end up with a torn strip like the first time I did it. Good luck...

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Pulled the fat bike off the wall for the first time since Global Fatbike Day last year, front tire was low, rear was flat.
Pumped them up, and the fatty strippers did their job.

Paging @a.s.

My tires haven't deflated to dangerous (aka. bead breaking level) in almost 12 days. And that's after 2 rides and 20 degree temp changes. Gorilla Tape doing it's job! :p

Hey Viper,
Just purchased these. Arrived in the mail yesterday. Will be converting tomorrow or Monday. Will keep you posted.

Pete

I recently installed fatty stripper on my bike. I followed the instructions and it worked out great. A week later the tires are at the same pressure. I bought "the works" kit and it arrived promptly. It came with 2 sets of the strips, a set of "bling strips" (you pick the color) and stems. I added Stan's sealant. I can run 5-8 psi no problem. If anyone has any questions I am happy to answer them.

Top Bottom