Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

Rdoonz

I walked downstairs this morning at 6am on my way out the door for work and found my basement flooded due to a clog in the main sewer line so I had to take a personal day to take care of the pipe and clean up the mess. A few hours later I had the pipe cleared and the basement cleaned, and it wasn't even noon. I decided to make the most of my unplanned afternoon off and headed out to Rutgers Eco Preserve.

It was quite a sight with trails highlighted with pristine white snow.
013117  Rutgers Eco Blue.jpg

Panoramic from the Blue trail
013117 High Blue Trail Rutgers Eco.jpg

A lot of damage from last weeks storms....downed trees everywhere.
013117 Downed Trees Rutgers Eco.jpg

Mr.Moto

Out for a ride in Ringwood yesterday afternoon and surprised that some of the popular trails were still completely untouched - Cats Nest, Poison Ivy and parts of the White trail. Tough at times to break trail if the snow was deep and heavy but otherwise fun and ride-able.

IMG_2020.JPG
IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2018.JPG

ReverendNewman

Great to hear. Did you convert to tubeless yet?
Oh yeah!!!! I was going to buy the Farely EX 8 Full Suspension sight unseen. Thank god I test rode from Brielle Cyclery. That was way too heavy. Plus, I hated that California Blue color. Much happier with this. Only 26 pounds. Not as plush as I thought it would be. But I like the fact without suspension, all that power is transfered to the wheels.

viper8315

Oh yeah!!!! I was going to buy the Farely EX 8 Full Suspension sight unseen. Thank god I test rode from Brielle Cyclery. That was way too heavy. Plus, I hated that California Blue color. Much happier with this. Only 26 pounds. Not as plush as I thought it would be. But I like the fact without suspension, all that power is transfered to the wheels.

Yea, I hear you. I also have a full suspension bike, and there are pros and cons to each. I can say that at my current skill level I wouldn't take my fat bike to somewhere like the sourlands. I'm sure some guys can do it, but not me. Happy trails my friend, and keep posting pics of the adventures!

Supermoto

Thanx. Been tearing it up at Allaire. Thing is wicked. Still experimentin with tire pressure. Seems like 12 psi works best for me. Anything lower, feels like I'm not even moving.

Wow, 12psi is pretty high. You don't feel bouncy at that pressure? I run 7-8 psi on my rigid fat bike with 4" tires. 4.6" tires I would go even lower.

ReverendNewman

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I was just tired yesterday. It just felt like I was dragging. After I went up to 12 psi, I felt like I was flying. But by then, I was nice and warmed up. I have carbon wheels so my local wrench said u certainly don't want to bottom out. I'm not exactly a 150 pound rider either. Sometimes when I hit some roots, I really feel the front end launching. I'm going out today and I'll try 8-10 psi.

ReverendNewman

Yea, I hear you. I also have a full suspension bike, and there are pros and cons to each. I can say that at my current skill level I wouldn't take my fat bike to somewhere like the sourlands. I'm sure some guys can do it, but not me. Happy trails my friend, and keep posting pics of the adventures!
I still have my Fuel EX 8 Full Suspension 27.5 and the same bike in a 29'er. Which I threw on a pair of Schwabble Big Ones and use that on the street.

Top Bottom