Fatbikes of NJ Gallery

Kaleidopete

Riding by the Doublekill stream on the last day in 2016

Doublekill16_09.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm guessing you cant get by either dam. I was riding the trails and basically just rode the campground section on the return leg to mix things up.

Rode a good sized piece of Spruce Run yesterday. Was more fun than RV with a better mix of terrain.

6DC76B58-E441-4965-B16F-3141E33BDC75_zps6omnztxy.jpg

just around the shore line? spruce run is way down right now...

pkovo

just around the shore line? spruce run is way down right now...

Yup, basically riding the dry reservoir bed. Lowest Ive seen it. Some pretty fun varied terrain with sizeable rock outcroppings here and there to play around on. Works for me as an alternative when the local trails are too wet to ride. Helps that its only 5 min away for me.

barneyjnz

I was very skeptical about buying a Fatty. Been riding a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR for 5 years and didn't see the merits of a Fatbike. Took the plunge this past November and bought a Farley and must admit it is the most fun I have had riding in quite a while...
Can't wait to start riding in the snow....I am hooked

Snapchat-1042741657.jpg

Rdoonz

I was very skeptical about buying a Fatty. Been riding a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR for 5 years and didn't see the merits of a Fatbike. Took the plunge this past November and bought a Farley and must admit it is the most fun I have had riding in quite a while...
Can't wait to start riding in the snow....I am hooked

View attachment 45720
I can totally relate to this post. My interest in fat bikes was peaked after a buddy of mine picked one up and started raving about how much he loved. After months of hearing him talk about how much he loved his Salsa Beargrease I went to the LBS and took a Farley out for a test ride. Long story short, I was disappointed. The ride was so different from my beloved Superfly, I couldn't bring myself pull the trigger and buy it. I told myself that if I didn't fall in love with the bike there was no way I could justify making the purchase.... and I walked out of the bike shop empty handed.

Fast forward a couple of weeks when I blew the fork on my Superfly when riding Allaire. It still makes me laugh, of all the places I ride how did I blow my fork at Allaire, but I digress. Back to the story. So I had to bring in my bike to get it repaired and I was told it would take at least 5 days to get the bike fixed. As I stood there thinking about being without my bike for the better part of a week, I notice the Farley 5 was on sale for $1299. The result of this perfect storm of circumstances, my ride being sidelined for almost a week and the Farley being on sale, is that I decided to take a flier and grab the Farley. I figuring even if I hated it after a season, I could unload for close to a 1000 and write off the difference as a rental fee.

Here I am after 5 rides and 100 or so miles, and I too, am totally hooked on the fatness! I rode at Round Valley twice last week and loved it. About two years ago I swore off Chimney Rock and now I can't wait to take a spin out there on the fatty. The only way to describe how I feel when I get on the bike now, is that it just makes riding.....funner. The unceremonious end to my short story is a pick from my ride this morning at Six Mile. Have a great weekend everyone!
First Snow Ride 2017 - 30.jpg

Rdoonz

Congratulations on being the first person in the history of planet Earth to say this :p
Hahaha...maybe true, but I definitely would have been the last person saying it if I was on my skinny tire hardtail;)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I wanted to ride Allaire early AF but was asked to cover 3rd shift last night. So I worked from 230pm to 730am. Went to sleep at 9 then woke up at 3.... looked out the window and hit the road/Trails

Top Bottom