Fatbike crank options?

CrankAddictRich

Hey guys.. I think i already know the answer, but I figured I;d check in with the experts just to confirm. I'm on a Fatboy. Am I correct that there aren't many options on the market when it comes to upgrading/changing the crank? My bike currently has the Raceface Turbine cinch and I was researching options that might allow me to put a Stages left side crank arm on. It doesn't look like that's a possibility, correct?... because the 100mm spindle required isn't ofered for the XT, XTR or Saint crank sets.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I could be wrong but fatboy shows 12x148 rea spacing. Wouldn't that mean any boost crank should work?
Fatboy and Farley are both 197.

n9XJDap.png

BXNHUqi.png

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Your Fatboy is 190mm QR rear. There is not a powermeter option for a fat bike. Stages will not work. Or, I should say it will not work well. You could run a 120mm spindle to get the clearance to run a Stages using the Cannondale Hollowgram arms and Raceface spindle/BB. The bike will ride like poop though with that wide of a crank. Chainline will suck, etc. I custom made a Quarq earlier this year for my bike but that sucked as well.

#dontbesucharoadie

CrankAddictRich

Your Fatboy is 190mm QR rear. There is not a powermeter option for a fat bike. Stages will not work. Or, I should say it will not work well. You could run a 120mm spindle to get the clearance to run a Stages using the Cannondale Hollowgram arms and Raceface spindle/BB. The bike will ride like poop though with that wide of a crank. Chainline will suck, etc. I custom made a Quarq earlier this year for my bike but that sucked as well.

#dontbesucharoadie

Jim... this Stages won't work on the carbon race face next sl cranks... the cranks that come on the carbon fatboys.

PS-Just stop by the shop and ask questions, these idiots on the interwebz will get you nowhere fast.

Normally I would... you know that.

Top Bottom