Fat Bike races

kmnavarro

Hi!

Id love to ride with some women (or men). New to area and working at Rutgers. I know no one out there...Cat 1 mtn biker and fat biker from wisconsin!
Whats the fat bike race scene like?

Best,

Kristina Navarro

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
To be honest, it's not that big locally. Fatbike in this area was big initially but seems to have slowed. Plus bikes are popular now, 3" tires.
In this area 29ers are the go to bike for racing. Full suspension is more popular in northern NJ because it has more rocks and tech.
But these are generalizations, riding what you feel comfortable on is always the best bet...anywhere.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, fat bikes do come out in the snow. In NJ our snow cover can be spotty, some years we get it other years not so much.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Nothing on snow race-wise around these parts. We don't have any groomed trail networks so it's just a few of us out there with 5" tires plodding around breaking trail. For a month or so this winter I may have been the only one in the state out riding. I host a 120 mile Ultra every year but it hasn't been 100% in snow yet. Very similar to Tuscobia as far as terrain and distance, just along the Deleware River instead of in big pine trees :)

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Hi!

Id love to ride with some women (or men). New to area and working at Rutgers. I know no one out there...Cat 1 mtn biker and fat biker from wisconsin!

Best,

Kristina Navarro
Welcome. There is a contest on this website every winter called Base in your face. There were approximately 50 of us trying to ride as many hours as possible during the winter. It's for fun and to encourage each other to keep riding. Enjoy

Bizarro

wish there was some more out there like Marty's fat 50 or variations of that. Summer and winter. Rocks..roots..whatever.

qclabrat

I don't think I saw more than 5 fat bikes out on the trails since June 1st. One was mine and the other a friend's
1531247799397.png

The Kalmyk

Fat bikes make a lot of sense in the Pine Barrens (Wharton SP specifically) as well. Big loops can be put together. Terrain is flat, sandy and very easy to get lost.

Top Bottom