F Strava

one piece crank

Rant = a big thumbs up!

Having been an early adopted of 90’s GPS units, I’ve been there before and I simply can’t give my cash to Garmin (et al.) for old outdated tech. Today I launch a few apps on my phone, tuck it in my pack and hit the trail. Easy peasy. I’ve got a handful of navigation apps I use on a regular non-cycling basis, and just got a Quad Lock mount to put my phone on the bars when exploring new terrain. I haven’t had the opportunity to need it, yet, but I will soon and I’ll report back.

jackx

Thanks for the feedback guys. My main motivation to upgrade from my 500 is to be able to download rides from Trailforks and Strava so that I can find my way around new places. For example, the Wildcat group ride from earlier this year (my brain was too oxygen deprived to be able to retrace the ride on my own). I believe both the Gramin and Wahoo have that functionality. As far as ease of use during the ride and real-life screen resolution, is one better than the other? Also, what are you guys using for bar mounts? I have my REI dividend plus the 20% coupon, so I plan on picking one up this weekend or next while the bike is at the LBS getting some "upgrades".
Not sure if it’s been said before, but unfortunately I don’t think that REI coupons are valid for purchases of Garmin and other GPS-capable devices.

Unless you are thinking about using the coupon for a bar mount, which should be fine.

Captain Brainstorm

Not sure if it’s been said before, but unfortunately I don’t think that REI coupons are valid for purchases of Garmin and other GPS-capable devices.

Unless you are thinking about using the coupon for a bar mount, which should be fine.

Yea, but I can apply my dividend and get a bar mount with the coupon. Win-win.

Top Bottom