ERIE 80

steve336

hello all, Im a trail volunteer up here in the City Watershed. I am not the creator of this race, but i do have some info and can maybe answer some questions.

The City of Port Jervis is on the Delaware River, the park overlooks NY, NJ,PA and has some pretty great views.

The Watershed property has a network of logging roads and access roads for the 3 reservoirs that feed the city, all gravity fed, so there is climbing everywhere. We have started on the Single track building, have about 15 miles cut and cleared, working on the digging aspect, have about 4 dedicated trail builders so its slow process.
West Point Military is hosting a college race there October 1, so that has been a priority finishing up the 6 mile race loop.

i dont have any info on the Bike Reg issue.

I believe the numbers represent kilometers, so the longer race is about 50 miles. There is also a trail running race the weekend before. to be sure it will be a bruiser of a 50 mile ride!

Erie represents the Erie Railroad that Port Jervis was the Depot for. one of the trails overlooks the city and the turntable and tracks from that era. It was the cities main employment and history.

Maps are being created and Kiosks are up and ready at the Main Parking areas. Eventually this will all get out to the public.
yes the goal is 50 miles of trails, and lots of single track. The city is hoping to create a Recreation destination with riding, river, hiking options. so if your looking for a new place to explore, this could be an option. also there is a craft brewery going into town so some nice apres options will be there soon.

hope this helps clarify some.

Sold me . Thanks for getting back to us.

jamie877

I was there about two weeks ago ss and rigid. Trails were fresh cut or older less used trails. Each were slow going for different reasons. Fair amount of rock-if it is not leaf blown, expect harder and slower miles than your usual. The network is large and has awesome potential-just need time and more users. I don't ride fat, but it could be the right call.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I was there about two weeks ago ss and rigid. Trails were fresh cut or older less used trails. Each were slow going for different reasons. Fair amount of rock-if it is not leaf blown, expect harder and slower miles than your usual. The network is large and has awesome potential-just need time and more users. I don't ride fat, but it could be the right call.
After talking to a friend he says this has potential to be tougher than Bearscat. Suggested no fatbike and def suspension.

Top Bottom