Endurance bike advice

ChrispyKreme

Looking for something comfy to put some miles on. No plans on racing so whats some good advice on endurance bikes or cross bikes.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Peep the Diverge if your not racing. Super versatile bike. Can do anything from straight road riding to multi-day off-road adventure rides

ChrispyKreme

Jim ill have to look at specialized. Ive seen a cannondale synapse and a trek crossrip on the road. Its nice to hear all opinions as i know nothing about this

ChrispyKreme

Its tough with so many options now. The only bike ive ever ridden has been the crossrip. Loved the feel. Ill keep an eye out for all

adogg

I got a Giant Defy 1 several years ago. That is supposed to be an awesome endurance bike. In many ways it was. However, coming from a MTB background, the 25 mm always felt a little sketchy to me. I ended up selling it 2 years later and got a Giant Toughroad 1. I have about 4000 miles on that bike and still love it. It is basically a hardtail 29er with rackmounts but the way it lays down the road security is second to none. I always thought the Defy (or other road bikes were too fragile for our potholes), but this thing just eats them up. I even took it out for the Vermouth challenge, which was 4 days of hilly road riding with toughest day being 108 miles with 8k gain. Also, feels right at home on the D2R2.

Top Bottom