Emerson, NJ

Anyone ridden thru the Emerson Woods Preserve? it backs up to UnitedWater Co. and the reservoir?

There is a trail entry point on Main St. about 3/4 mile past the shoprite on the left.

I can't find anything definite about it being bikable or legal to bike there.

I work up in Pearl River, NY and my g/f lives in Northvale, NJ which is 10 minutes away from my job. so i head home thru Harrington Park, Emerson, and Oradell.

so I always pass the Emerson Woods Preserve and wonder if its ridable lol.

I wouldn't be making a special trip just to go there, if thats what you're asking. Have you ever ridden it?

RNG1

Ah makes more sense then, I haven't ridden there however on the back side of the resoivoir there is a loop that you can make and if you incorporate a section of road could make a solid workout out of.
Google the intersection of Lake shore rd and maple street in Haworth and that puts you at the start, you can ride the gravel between the water and the golf course but there are some trails you can play in for an hour on your left. Nothing challenging but it is dirt. The rain did not help it back there and this time of year the thorn bushes are probably overgrown the entire back section which is the most fun. I live walking distance from there so in the winter it is a nice change of pace to be in there out of the wind. I take my son in there where he does fine and may actually be taking him later today for the first time in a while. I will post back on the conditions and could meet you sometime there.

RNG1

I will more likely be there before then as my kids don't start school til next week and this week has been a juggling act. My daughter is with a friend and I was going to go with my son around 4. Call me on my cell later, I'll PM you.

Top Bottom