Elmer Fudd Season

Kaleidopete

I saw Elmer on the trail this morning! Said, what ya hunting?, he said squirrel. I felt safer 'cause I'm bigger than a squirrel.

Mountain Bike Mike

I saw some headlamps and ATV headlights through the trees in the distance around 6:30am... Got back to the car around 7am and heard a shot from that direction... :eek:

Knowing it was opening day had me on high alert and on the edge of spooked.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
No rifle hunting in NJ, except for coyotes, and that would be the Road Runner, not Fudd.

Riding at that time on opening day, are you dapping or something? Most people hunt crack of dawn till around 8, not the best time to be out riding.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
You don't really think the hunters are not goin' in the woods before legal shooting time do you?
Of course they are, but the areas Mike is riding, which are close to urban areas, there is a high probability that some officials be around if you shooting before it time.

xc62701

Thanksgiving morning I was on patriots path heading to the West Morris trail and passed probably 30 hunters. Blaze orange everywhere. I kept on the gas and got the hell out of Dodge.

rick81721

Lothar
Wear orange gents

15258695_1454789031205512_5545676555872632832_n.jpg

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I like to just say "They're coming right for us!" and open fire.

I don't think that there are too many people taking the risk and deer hunting with a rifle. I'm sure that someone with a shit-ton of acreage might, or some idiot, but you will get fucked by the long dick of the law if you get caught. Its easy to mistake a modern muzzle loader for a rifle though. And as for strays, muzzle loader and shot guns don't have that kind of range, even if you arc them.

Mountain Bike Mike

I like to just say "They're coming right for us!" and open fire.

I don't think that there are too many people taking the risk and deer hunting with a rifle. I'm sure that someone with a shit-ton of acreage might, or some idiot, but you will get fucked by the long dick of the law if you get caught. Its easy to mistake a modern muzzle loader for a rifle though. And as for strays, muzzle loader and shot guns don't have that kind of range, even if you arc them.

Mon 12/5 - Rifle opening day... And I know a bunch of guys out there hunting with slugs

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Based on the distance stray bullets, I guess no one should even ride on the road during hunting season.

Top Bottom