Elm ridge

I was just there this past weekend .. both are dry and fast.. if you go to round top riddlebaures might still have the race course up which is a 6 mile loop.. All looks good on the elm ridge front. have fun..

thanks for the feedback...i rode elm ridge this time last year, it was well marked and pretty easy to navigate, will def go back this w/e. I want to check out RT this time as well. I may have a guide as a made some friends last time i was up that way but its not definite. how long would you budget time wise in order to complete the race loop? Any must do's trails there? .Thanks .

Last edited:
Good time in the Catskills this w/e. Started off with fork failing .5 hrs into ride at Round Top but was able to salvage with a rental big honzo from overlook bike shop in woodstock (nice shop). went back with local/shop mechanic on sat and got a proper tour. nice rocky terrain. ended off with a early sunday am w/a quick rip at hathaway trails/tannersville bike park. was staying in tannersville and didnt initially think it was worth the trip but i was pleasantly surprised. fun spot. they are having wildcat enduro race this weekend.

Last edited:
935F97E3-A315-4C86-819A-495A8CDA27CF.jpeg
77FE1B0A-946D-417D-A5B4-A0725C7FA56C.jpeg
F6EE1A99-1640-4F2D-A1DA-BC065F46788E.jpeg
63BB3BD3-09C1-4BF5-BFC5-317976A2EEDE.jpeg
7D081C19-3C88-47A5-A62F-A9203A1C0511.jpeg

Yes the bike park is awesome.. its new .. Its called a flow trail which is the newest trail design thing... The whole area is a great break from down south .. Windham Outfitters is the local bike shop in the area for future reference ...

Next time riding Elm, take Berm Out all the way down, to Grits gone wild and then Field. They build up some awesome new features by field, huge berms and jumps right by the B&B.

I am sad to report that because of an undisclosed dispute, many of the trails at Elm Ridge are closed to the public. These are indeed some of the most important and newest trails in the area. Hopefully a resolution is met soon, but for the time being, these are closed: "Due to circumstances beyond our control the following trails are closed until further notice: Berm Out, Grits Gone Wild, and Field Me."

Total bummer..

I am sad to report that because of an undisclosed dispute, many of the trails at Elm Ridge are closed to the public. These are indeed some of the most important and newest trails in the area. Hopefully a resolution is met soon, but for the time being, these are closed: "Due to circumstances beyond our control the following trails are closed until further notice: Berm Out, Grits Gone Wild, and Field Me."

Total bummer..

it's a process - hopefully they can get is resolved.

Bummer. I was headed there in a few weeks. Know some locals and will ask what they know, unless any of youz have the skinny?

My uninformed guess it’s that someone in local government had umbrage with part of the funds raised for trail work going to private landowners in addition to the public land. Either way the landowner, who is a mountain biker and built the trails, got in over their head in red tape. It’s a real bummer, there’s always someone to spoil a good thing. Kingdom trails operates with a combination of private landowners and public land, hopefully they can find a similar resolution.

damn really? i was going to make a small overnighter and camp at the top and ride 2 days next week.

Back
Top Bottom