Elbow Pads that Protect Forearm?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
For "low speed" crash type falls, the g-form pads work remarkably well. They're comfortable, breathable, give you a full range of motion, weigh nothing and the padding goes from this soft, pliable stuff to a pretty dense foam on impact. They really work. For casual riding (not DH / enduro) they're a great option to just leave in the pack... Just in case.

qclabrat

I considered them, but almost all reviews mentioned they slip and need constant adjustments. Having my glasses bounce around is annoying enough

terrabike01

reopening this thread, as I'm just falling too much on my bike and even my doctor thought it prudent to pick up some elbow and knee pads. When I started riding about 3 years ago, being clueless, I got a little anxious and bought these for local XC riding.
View attachment 71252
Quickly realized I got the wrong type, so ended up buying these, but still too bulky
View attachment 71253
Then went to these, better motion but too hot
View attachment 71254

Ended up not riding with pads for the last 3 years. And now have legs and arms like a 60 year old heroin addict, time to find pads and armor. I did a ton of research, and the plan was to get something still somewhat burly for the legs, as we are big skiers in the winter and want to do it for as long as I can. But go a little lighter on the arms since I tend to move my upper body lots when riding. Initially, the designs from Leatt (Airflex) and Dainese (Trail Skin) looked like the right choice, but after a hard fall today, I went the conservative route and ended up ordering a little more protection. I tend to scrap my forearms and shins a lot during falls so need more armor coverage. Also hit my arm pretty good as I hit the ground so a foam padded guard may not be the best option at the moment. Ordered these a few minutes ago. Fit as I've known is a hit and miss so we'll see how they are when they get here. Will eventually get some lightweight stuff, but these should be better than what I already have.

661 EVO elbow
View attachment 71255

Dakine Hellion knee
View attachment 71257

I have the 661 EVO elbow pads above. I gotta start wearing them again!

And I was wearing these knee pads
https://www.pocsports.com/us/products/joint-vpd-2.0-knee/20374.html
Gotta start wearing these as well!
Have a safe and #epic weekend everyone !!

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love these Leatt
39025181-67EF-4277-8ADC-1B12ECF25926.jpeg
39025181-67EF-4277-8ADC-1B12ECF25926.jpegarm sleeves. I have a less-bulky pair of Leatts similar to Gforms that would be considered more XC. But this particular pair actually extends down the forearm.

Piston Honda

I have those TLD pads and they kept slipping. Picked up a pair of Alpine Stars and never looked back.

I should probably put the 5550s up for sale when I get out of here.

EDIT: I just realized I already posted in this thread a long time ago with basically the same info lol

thegock

TLD also makes a lightweight forearm/elbow guard Speed Elbow Sleeves. I have two sizes and wear the big over the medium.

Last edited:

qclabrat

I have those TLD pads and they kept slipping. Picked up a pair of Alpine Stars and never looked back.

I should probably put the 5550s up for sale when I get out of here.

EDIT: I just realized I already posted in this thread a long time ago with basically the same info lol
Which Alpine Stars?

qclabrat

Just got the Dainese Trailskins in the mail. The other elbow and knee pads are probably coming from the EU. So no clue when they will arrive. Got the large and they are about right. Not perfect but my arms don't look like sausages. They aren't as long or fitted like the Slayers and have Velcro on top and bottom. Which I thought would be better, but they bother my fragile upper arm skin a bit. Also the fabric doesn't look like they could take much of a fall. With the frequency on my crashes lately, they will tested rather quickly.
IMG_20180717_162301.jpg

Top Bottom