Eastern States Cup schedule released

Ian F

Planning to do as many events as possible. Need to justify building up a new bike and buying all new gear.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I'll be racing a few as my schedule allows. Reading is a can't miss though!

Tonggi

Looking to squeeze some enduros in as well. Will try my luck at the May 31st Creek race! See you guys out there and have a safe year!

witica

Did anyone decide to enter the Plattekill enduro in a few weeks time? Would be good to have someone to practice/ride/"compare lines" with.

Tonggi

Nothing fancy but had a blast this weekend at the Blue Mountain ESC Enduro. Saw some familiar faces from Creek and from MTBNJ.

Ian F

I was at the Blue Mtn Enduro as well. Lot's of fun, although by the end of Stage 5 my legs were absolutely fried. This was my first lift-served riding of the season and boy am I out of shape to do that.

Looking forward to the next race.

Tonggi

I was at the Blue Mtn Enduro as well. Lot's of fun, although by the end of Stage 5 my legs were absolutely fried. This was my first lift-served riding of the season and boy am I out of shape to do that.

Looking forward to the next race.

Same I did too much practice on Saturday and my quads were aching. That was a fun race. I can't imagine doing an enduro with a crap ton of climbing because that transfer was terrible. I just walked it.

J-Dro

Nothing fancy but had a blast this weekend at the Blue Mountain ESC Enduro. Saw some familiar faces from Creek and from MTBNJ.

That vid was a nice reminder of all the race stages, thanks. But by mid-way through I wanted to rip your camelback hose off. Lol.

Tonggi

That vid was a nice reminder of all the race stages, thanks. But by mid-way through I wanted to rip your camelback hose off. Lol.

hahahaha I gotta keep that in mind next time. Man that was SO much fun I wanna go back. They have the DH race at Plattekill June 21. I am thinking of doing it. Are you going?

Edit: Watching the video again now I can't stop looking at the hose

Tonggi

^Nice I saw myself at 2:05. I am also planning to go to Plattekill this weekend. I will look for the Orange Intense.

Ian F

Unless I have an epiphany of fitness and talent between now and Friday, I doubt I'll go to Plattekill. I'd feel like an embarassment on a nice bike. My plan now is to spend Sat and Sun doing runs at Blue, tuning and getting used to the bike.

Tonggi

Unless I have an epiphany of fitness and talent between now and Friday, I doubt I'll go to Plattekill. I'd feel like an embarassment on a nice bike. My plan now is to spend Sat and Sun doing runs at Blue, tuning and getting used to the bike.

Blue in PA? Why not go creek. Closer, better in my eyes as a bike park. And for Plattekill who cares, it will be my first DH race. I am going to have fun! I will be in cat 3 30-39 (not sure if ESC does categories for DH races) I still can't find a link to register.

Ian F

Blue is about an hour closer for me than Mtn Creek and the terrain there is more to my liking. Mtn Creek can be sort of "all or nothing" when it comes to severity. I cut my teeth riding/racing DH at Plattekill and the terrain at Blue is similar, although Plattekill is generally steeper. Some of my worst injuries have happened at Mtn Creek (started riding there in '99).

I'm Cat 2 now, but I retired from racing back in '03 as an Expert/Cat 1, so it won't be fun for me if I go there and can't at least make an attempt to be competitive in my class. While I rarely did well in Expert (a couple of top-10 finishes if the weather was a factor; bearing in mind there were a lot more racers back then), I did get to the point that whenever we raced on the same course as the Sport/Beginner class, I would have won, so I simply expect a certain level of performance from myself and it's been a painful and frustrating process getting back. I know I'm not there yet.

But Plattekill is a fun place to ride if you've never been there. Quite a bit different than Mtn Creek in a number of ways. Hopefully I can get back there sometime this year.

Top Bottom